UF/F$U Game Kickoff Time Announced

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think that's bad for business for CBS, because their ratings are going to plummet at about the midway point of the 3rd quarter while ESPN's ratings for our game will probably be high throughout.

ESPN's ratings will be dropping by the 2nd quarter after we drop 28 on those noles in the first quarter.

:chomp:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN's ratings will be dropping by the 2nd quarter after we drop 28 on those noles in the first quarter.

:chomp:
nwy.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1997 Florida/FSU on CBS and Iron Bowl on ESPN
1999 Florida/FSU CBS Nov 18th and Iron Bowl on ESPN Nov 20th
2001 Both on CBS double header
2003 Iron Bowl Nov 22nd ESPN and UF/FSu CBS 29th
2005 already covered.

So when the games were on the same day
UF/FSU on CBS 97, 01, 07,
Iron Bowl on CBS 01, 11, 13, 15

Other than 01 where they played both.
that means 2 for UF/FSU and now 3 for Iron Bowl
2 of those three where the Iron Bowl was selected was after the new contract with CBS from the addition of Missouri and Ta&m.

So there have been 10 UF home games, and 6 times they have been on the same day. 2 times they have shown the UF game, 3 times the Iron Bowl, and 1 time both. So less than 50% of the time they have shown the UF/FSU game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That will be a loud stadium.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't understand the constant need to prove someone right or wrong. I don't care who it is.
Sas is eat up with it...so is Dougie. I get the occasional fever myself. :lol:

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
7:30 games are tough on me. It will be 2am before I get home from the game. It will be worth it. Maybe my date will do things to keep me awake while I'm driving.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you highlight to quote?

Florida's game against Florida State on November 28 will start at 7:30 p.m. ET inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

Wonder when the game outside the stadium starts?

If you haven't figured it out yet, if you look at the toolbar that has the options to link things like photos and videos, if you look just to the right of the video linking one, there is a plus sign with a square around it. There are 4 functions under that button, quoting is one of them.

Also, on a separate note, I'm using chrome mobile (you should be able to do this in all formats), and I'm able to highlight portions of other people's posts, and when I do, it gives me the option to quote what I highlighted, if you only want to quote a certain portion of a post, and not the whole thing like it does with the reply button in their post.

Florida's game against Florida State on November 28 will start at 7:30 p.m. ET inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you haven't figured it out yet, if you look at the toolbar that has the options to link things like photos and videos, if you look just to the right of the video linking one, there is a plus sign with a square around it. There are 4 functions under that button, quoting is one of them.

Also, on a separate note, I'm using chrome mobile (you should be able to do this in all formats), and I'm able to highlight portions of other people's posts, and when I do, it gives me the option to quote what I highlighted, if you only want to quote a certain portion of a post, and not the whole thing like it does with the reply button in their post.

Thanks Bud. That + is what I was looking for. I wanted to use the quote function from a copied/pasted blur from the article, not a posted comment in the thread. You nailed it like I nailed my Mom. ;)

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Bud. That + is what I was looking for. I wanted to use the quote function from a copied/pasted blur from the article, not a posted comment in the thread. You nailed it like I nailed my Mom. ;)

:britney:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't understand the constant need to prove someone right or wrong. I don't care who it is.

I was bored and your husband is an easy mark. killed time while I was working. I don't give a $hit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was bored and your husband is an easy mark. killed time while I was working. I don't give a $hit.
Easy mark. :lol:

Nothing you've said changes the fact that 1. we've almost always had our home games with FSU aired on CBS since '96 or 2. our game is a FAR better matchup than the Iron Bowl this year. I know you southern types aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but try to keep up next time.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a noon game, let's be happy. No drunk Verne and no Musburger either, another plus.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I have to agree with
Easy mark. :lol:

Nothing you've said changes the fact that 1. we've almost always had our home games with FSU aired on CBS since '96 or 2. our game is a FAR better matchup than the Iron Bowl this year. I know you southern types aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but try to keep up next time.
I have to agree with the Captain on this, this game is begging for Danielson and Chubby. Auburn is nothing -- they are caught in the Chump Slump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.