Not open for further replies.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Let me get this straight?

These Two are Still here?

MG1-1021x580.jpg

And DeLance is anchoring our Right Side?

jean-delance-v-lsu.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but he cuts like a bread truck.

Honestly WTF happened to this guy? Former 5 star who just put on 50-60 pounds? Was he 170lbs when he was fast enough to be a 5 star.

Im not sure why Mr One Cheeseburger Away from 250 hasnt been moved to TE.or.moved to Sunbelt.

he’s trimmed down significantly. Not sure if it will translate on the field but he has transformed his body for sure.

upload_2021-8-12_10-52-45.jpeg

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I really have no issues with our offensive skilled players. We don't have a Pitts or Toney type standout game planning nightmare, but we have enough skill from sideline to sideline that a competent OC and quality QB should be able to do some damage with. Its the OL that bothers me. I think we will look great against teams that have inferior DL and we will struggle against teams with skilled front 7.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Here is the complete preseason Coaches Poll:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Georgia
6. Texas A&M
7. Notre Dame
8. Iowa State
9. North Carolina
10. Cincinnati
11. Florida
12. Oregon
13. LSU
14. USC
15. Wisconsin
16. Miami
17. Indiana
18. Iowa
19. Texas
20. Penn State
21. Washington
22. Oklahoma State
23. UL Lafayette
24. Coastal Carolina
25. Ole Miss
This says it ALL.
We are ranked 11th by the Coach's Poll...About right.

And yet our HC has 5th highest Salary: Dan Mullen salary: $7.6 million (Florida)
More than THE OSU: Ryan Day salary: $7.5 million (Ohio State)

Can someone explain this to me?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really have no issues with our offensive skilled players. We don't have a Pitts or Toney type standout game planning nightmare, but we have enough skill from sideline to sideline that a competent OC and quality QB should be able to do some damage with. Its the OL that bothers me. I think we will look great against teams that have inferior DL and we will struggle against teams with skilled front 7.

So no real difference than the last decade.... talent is there at the skill positions, but can't sure up the lines...

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
There probably won’t be many Pitts’ ever again in college football. But I think we have skill players that are better than Toney. Several in fact. Hell, if he could ever stop dropping the ball, I think Copeland is a more complete version of Toney. It won’t look like last year, but we’ll have elite skill players again.

I know this is a bit cliché, but it’s extremely relevant to us… The success of this season will rely strictly on the performance of the offensive and defensive lines. Those were our biggest problem areas last year and I don’t see that changing this year.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So no real difference than the last decade.... talent is there at the skill positions, but can't sure up the lines...

I would say a big difference over the last decade. Our O was a dumpster fire before Mullen got here. I will give him credit for making it a well coached unit. But season result for the overall team, probably not that big of a difference...another 8-4 to 10-2 year coming up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here is the complete preseason Coaches Poll:
We are ranked 11th by the Coach's Poll...About right.

And yet our HC has 5th highest Salary: Dan Mullen salary: $7.6 million (Florida)
More than THE OSU: Ryan Day salary: $7.5 million (Ohio State)

Can someone explain this to me?

It’s pretty simple, and has been discussed before. Stricklin over played his hand and got cute, thinking that multiple big names would want to come to his program and play for him. When he was turned down in very public fashion by the top two, he lost any possibility of negotiating from a position of strength and panicked. Mullen and his agent wisely leveraged that and we thus overpaid. Coaches get extensions and raises all the time if they’re not a complete disaster. But when you start of with a basis that high, within a few years, it’s going to be even more out of whack. It’s not really on Mullen at all. He would’ve come her for far less if we’d been in position to offer and is doing what everyone would do. Can’t be mad at him. The whole numbers side is completely on Stricklin.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Honestly WTF happened to this guy? Former 5 star who just put on 50-60 pounds? Was he 170lbs when he was fast enough to be a 5 star.

He was bigger even then (over 200, and probably around 210), but never should have been a 5 Star. Here's a highlight of the UA AAG and I doubt he shows up.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I get where you’re going with the question, but I’m disagreeing with that sentiment wholeheartedly. Cope has been playing behind some pretty good receivers since he’s been here. So his production hasn’t been that great, but he’s actually played well in his limited role. He often wins his matchups. He just didn’t have a lot of balls thrown his way. And he had the propensity to drop a few of those that did come his way. I know it’s not popular around these parts, but I think Copeland, Henderson and Shorter make a pretty good combination. Throw in guys like Whittemore, Fraziars and the TEs and you’re looking at a good group of pass catchers with the ability to become a great group.

edit: Copeland’s issues have been between the ears. I honestly didn’t think he’d still be here by now. I figured he would’ve gotten whiny and transferred or did something stupid and got kicked off. I always got the feeling that he would be a star if he can wait his turn. Lo and behold, it’s his turn.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but he cuts like a bread truck.

Im not sure why Mr One Cheeseburger Away from 250 hasnt been moved to TE.or.moved to Sunbelt.
Because he too good of a blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member