UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Farewell GCMB! This is my final post for a while, if not ever. I’ve been a member here for a few years now. But this place is truly toxic. I can’t even make a post without the trolls coming with pitchforks. I’ve never seen a group of people supposedly with similar rooting interests be so fractured. That’s not my style. I like to talk football with intellect. I tried to find like minded people to talk sports with but this isn’t the place for that. I contend here more than I do with FSU or UGA fans. Some of you are just insufferable. I’ll still check in from time to time to lurk and get info. I’m just no longer engaging with anyone.

But here’s to hoping for a good season from our boys and good health and fortune to all on this board.

Go Gators!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Farewell GCMB! This is my final post for a while, if not ever. I’ve been a member here for a few years now. But this place is truly toxic. I can’t even make a post without the trolls coming with pitchforks. I’ve never seen a group of people supposedly with similar rooting interests be so fractured. That’s not my style. I like to talk football with intellect. I tried to find like minded people to talk sports with but this isn’t the place for that. I contend here more than I do with FSU or UGA fans. Some of you are just insufferable. I’ll still check in from time to time to lurk and get info. I’m just no longer engaging with anyone.

But here’s to hoping for a good season from our boys and good health and fortune to all on this board.

Go Gators!!

Hey Renard you’re a really good poster. You just have to block them. I visit 247s board because I get more info and I expected it to be less negative than this board but I found out it wasn’t less negative. Now that board is interesting because it has significantly more members. So a positive post will have 50+ likes BUT 90% of the posts are negative. And I think that’s because people revel in being angry and negative. So they’re the loudest. BUT the high like rate of positive posts tell me that most people try to be positive. They just aren’t the vocal ones.

You won’t tend to find any other board any different in that regard.

I’d agree that you’ve been here forever and you’d think that the jabs wouldn’t be so personal. But from what I’ve seen it’s only been a couple members and they’re like that with anyone who shows any positivity.

Keep posting. I like your posts. It’s a nice balance to the constant negativity.

It sucked to lose 3 games at the end of the year last year. But I don’t get the huge vitriol against Mullen right now. He’s turned around this program. If it’s still like this in a couple years, for sure. Then let’s talk. The product is fun and exciting. And the biggest part of football for me is the fun and communal aspect.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Farewell GCMB! This is my final post for a while, if not ever.
Bye!

Honestly, if you cant take people criticising your posts, maybe the internet isnt for you.

Especially when they are stulid posts.

Why would the opinion of someone youve never met matter? Think I care what J, the dirty pirate hooker, Ox, the testiclefree former bull, or anyone else think of me or agree with me?

Well, I do love J.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tyreak Sapp made it into camp.

They also said Blades should be on campus today or tomorrow. Glad Sapp made it in though - our DL depth is still an issue and we'll likely need another transfer DT if these young guys don't step up this season.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
There probably won’t be many Pitts’ ever again in college football. But I think we have skill players that are better than Toney. Several in fact. Hell, if he could ever stop dropping the ball, I think Copeland is a more complete version of Toney. It won’t look like last year, but we’ll have elite skill players again.

I know this is a bit cliché, but it’s extremely relevant to us… The success of this season will rely strictly on the performance of the offensive and defensive lines. Those were our biggest problem areas last year and I don’t see that changing this year.
Toney had a total of 3 drops in 150 targets while at Florida. Last year he really figured out how to get open and didn't drop any passes thrown more than 10 yards. Once he had the ball he turned into Nightcrawler and teleported away from any would be tacklers. You can't teach that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Go Gators!!

I’ll echo J here. If you want to take some time off, I get it. But you’re a good poster who shouldn’t go. Don’t let the negativity get to you. If anything it makes for some fun discussions that may not be so much fun if everyone thought the same. Ignore and move on if they go off the rails. Remember there are some here that never wanted Mullen and if the guy won in multiple titles would still not be a fan. Then you have the close to last season which couldn’t have possibly been scripted worse. We just need football to actually be played and I think you’ll see some of that dissipate.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Toney had a total of 3 drops in 150 targets while at Florida. Last year he really figured out how to get open and didn't drop any passes thrown more than 10 yards. Once he had the ball he turned into Nightcrawler and teleported away from any would be tacklers. You can't teach that.

Toney was the poster child for not leaving early and taking honest criticism to heart. He learned his position, worked on flaws and played his way into a first round pick. Remarkable transformation and credit to him. Hope he keeps it together at the next level.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Go Gators!!

Hey Renard you’re a really good poster. You just have to block them. I visit 247s board because I get more info and I expected it to be less negative than this board but I found out it wasn’t less negative. Now that board is interesting because it has significantly more members. So a positive post will have 50+ likes BUT 90% of the posts are negative. And I think that’s because people revel in being angry and negative. So they’re the loudest. BUT the high like rate of positive posts tell me that most people try to be positive. They just aren’t the vocal ones.

You won’t tend to find any other board any different in that regard.

I’d agree that you’ve been here forever and you’d think that the jabs wouldn’t be so personal. But from what I’ve seen it’s only been a couple members and they’re like that with anyone who shows any positivity.

Keep posting. I like your posts. It’s a nice balance to the constant negativity.

It sucked to lose 3 games at the end of the year last year. But so don’t get the huge vitriol against Mullen right now. He’s turned around this program. If it’s still like this in a couple years, for sure. Then let’s talk. The product is fun and exciting. And the biggest part of football for me is the fun and communal aspect.

Because watching the same thing over and over while expecting different results is the positive way to look at things?

The ugly feelings you have when reading stuff here...its the same ugly feeling you are going to have by the end of Sep and start of Oct. And by the end of Oct you will be tired of the same pile of crap we had as last season. Then come December when we preparing for some crappy bowl game and watch another NSD come and go with the same results, that negative feeling will continue.

But yeah...its just a bunch of negative people here who are just making stuff up to be negative. Its a gator message board, and right now, there is a whole lot more negative going on than positive. A recruit finally making it on to campus is our positive news right now. And that is the only positive news we have had in a while. A player who committed to us actually made it on campus. Rejoice.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because watching the same thing over and over while expecting different results is the positive way to look at things?

The ugly feelings you have when reading stuff here...its the same ugly feeling you are going to have by the end of Sep and start of Oct. And by the end of Oct you will be tired of the same pile of crap we had as last season. Then come December when we preparing for some crappy bowl game and watch another NSD come and go with the same results, that negative feeling will continue.

But yeah...its just a bunch of negative people here who are just making stuff up to be negative. Its a gator message board, and right now, there is a whole lot more negative going on than positive. A recruit finally making it on to campus is our positive news right now. And that is the only positive news we have had in a while. A player who committed to us actually made it on campus. Rejoice.

I think there’s a whole lot more positive than negative going on. I think there’s negative with OL recruiting. And I think the way Mullen dealt with the end of last year was abysmal.

But it’s fall camp and hope springs eternal.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Solid post. Anyone who wants to hear 'positive' talk around our program is simply whistling past the graveyard. Mullen can completely overhaul the deadweight on his staff, beef up the recruiting staff, and finish the all-in-one building and I doubt we'd see much difference: 2 to 4 loss seasons, no better than a NY6 bowl game, recruiting rankings around 9th to 15th (or worse), hoping to beat UGA....rinse, repeat. He's been a head coach for 12+ years....he is what he is. Sadly.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think there’s a whole lot more positive than negative going on. I think there’s negative with OL recruiting. And I think the way Mullen dealt with the end of last year was abysmal.

But it’s fall camp and hope springs eternal.

I wish I could see the positivity that you see. All I see is our recruiting is pretty bad across the board (we will be lucky at this point to be 10-15) and we have bad defensive scheme/coaching and our OL coaching/recruiting will not get any better. I think last season is the epitome of what we have...the need for change is so obvious but Mullen dug in.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Solid post. Anyone who wants to hear 'positive' talk around our program is simply whistling past the graveyard. Mullen can completely overhaul the deadweight on his staff, beef up the recruiting staff, and finish the all-in-one building and I doubt we'd see much difference: 2 to 4 loss seasons, no better than a NY6 bowl game, recruiting rankings around 9th to 15th (or worse), hoping to beat UGA....rinse, repeat. He's been a head coach for 12+ years....he is what he is. Sadly.

I don't know Dan Mullen personally and I like to give people the benefit of doubt. I still think if he did all those things you mention he would turn it around. I think maybe the problem with Mullen is he won't do those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.