Recruiting UF making late push for unsigned 2016 JUCO DT

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Florida offered a scholarship to one of Dre Massey's former JUCO team mates. The usual suspects (USc, Bammer, Ole Miss) are in play as well but UF is trying to set up a visit. If he did come in, he would join the 2016 class and he still has four years of eligibility left. 6-5, 285. We'll see. It's an acknowledgement by the staff that we screwed up on the recruitment of this position and they are at least trying to fill it.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-2016-dt-coatney-looking-to-visit/

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
6-5 285 and we can easily put 15/30 lbs on this guy... would love to get him in.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have a hard time getting last minute juco's in school because of some unusual state of Florida course requirement. Maybe he planned ahead.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was a 2* DE a couple years ago. At 6'5 I'd think he could carry 300lbs pretty easy.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
A guy who goes JUCO but then graduates out of there in one year seems pretty unusual. Suggests strong motivation and dedication. We're in the chase... good luck to us !

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have a hard time getting last minute juco's in school because of some unusual state of Florida course requirement. Maybe he planned ahead.
This. I'm not getting my hopes up. We seem to have had this happen a few times the past few years.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
A guy who goes JUCO but then graduates out of there in one year seems pretty unusual. Suggests strong motivation and dedication. We're in the chase... good luck to us !
How do you do 60 hours in one year? "I don't get it."

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you do 60 hours in one year? "I don't get it."
He may actually be a smart kid. some of these kids graduate with an AA before they finish HS. Not so difficult to believe he had some credits from HS days. Also, I don't know the rule, do they have to finish an AA to transfer?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law almost always approves of bringing in linemen (offensive or defensive). He would prefer an OL, but I think since we all know there is a need at DT he will be OK with this.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
My only question is how did he slip between the cracks this long. I'm guessing he's good if Bama and ole miss are after him but why is he just on the radar now weeks after signing day ?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My only question is how did he slip between the cracks this long. I'm guessing he's good if Bama and ole miss are after him but why is he just on the radar now weeks after signing day ?

Good question. Since he still has three years left, this would be a great pickup (considering our poor DT recruiting the last 2 years).

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good question. Since he still has three years left, this would be a great pickup (considering our poor DT recruiting the last 2 years).
OP says he actually has 4 yrs remaining. He started off as a 2* DE. He has put on around 30lbs since HS already. If he hasn't lost any speed with the weight increase, maybe he can develop into a run stuffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator