UF NIL Billboard.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe your best ever.

Im not sure whether it is the hookers and blow, the fixation on making easy money, or masturbating multiple times a day that seals the deal, but it all just fits.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While we are on the topic of stupid UAA $$$ decisions:

Would you look at that crowd? There has to be at least 200 - 250 people there. I can certainly see why we needed to have a Taj Mahal for baseball and first. No way those guys could play at a high school or community college field for a year with that gigantic crowd, to say nothing of the fact that Santa Fe's or GHS field was probably nicer than Foley's baseball field anyway.

OtownGator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Would you look at that crowd? There has to be at least 200 - 250 people there. I can certainly see why we needed to have a Taj Mahal for baseball and first. No way those guys could play at a high school or community college field for a year with that gigantic crowd, to say nothing of the fact that Santa Fe's or GHS field was probably nicer than Foley's baseball field anyway.

They added the game in less than 24 hours before it was played on a holiday which caused a much smaller than normal crowd.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You mentioned the Taj Mahal baseball stadium, you do realize that the picture is from the softball game last night. Right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mentioned the Taj Mahal baseball stadium, you do realize that the picture is from the softball game last night. Right?
talking spongebob squarepants GIF

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
First, there needs to be some buzz around the program.
Second, there needs to be an actual winning season in the books.

We do not have a Charismatic successful head coach.

We do not have a dynamic, on the verge of success, football team.

The economy is shiit, the team sucks, most people I know and talk to hate NIL and think it's ruined the game. I don't give a F how many billboards they put up or how many emails they stuff in mailboxes.

I don't know anyone who wants to stuff the pockets of an 18 year old kid that will be bringing in more cash from NIL than they do, working their asses off to provide a life and future for their families.
It's ridiculous. The whole damned thing is ridiculous

Lately, it seems like the entire world is set up for the upper crust rich of society.
From the price of a Super Bowl ticket, to concert prices to a damned carton of eggs, WTF is actually going on?

Now, College football is going to be the same way?
How long before a ticket to the Swamp is over $500.00 a game for nosebleeds?
This is EXACTLY how I feel about. I won't pay a dime to it. Getting ready to send my son off to college, kid has a freaking 4.3 GPA with Math and science skills through the roof and yet we are being asked to give money to kids for football, some of which can't speak proper English or even know who we fought for American independence? Fuq dat shyt.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is EXACTLY how I feel about. I won't pay a dime to it. Getting ready to send my son off to college, kid has a freaking 4.3 GPA with Math and science skills through the roof and yet we are being asked to give money to kids for football, some of which can't speak proper English or even know who we fought for American independence? Fuq dat shyt.

I’ve said before, this will be the finality of NIL in a few years. It was a perfect timing of a new legal method of helping teams’ recruiting and at a time where a lot of people were flush with cash. Both have subsided and the result will be this gets tamed quite a bit. There’s still no direct ROI and boosters have no recourse if a player just decides to bolt or bombs once on campus. Even the NFL has parameters in place for protection. But those are extremely rich team owners who truly have more money than they know what to do with(evidenced by their owning an NFL team). Booster like the Bulls at UF have funds, but not like that. And if they do, they’ll go back to a more philanthropic approach where they at least get their name on a building for generations to come. In the current state of NIL they get none of that, which to me makes it a self correcting problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.