UF players show support for Mac

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac still has a slight chance to get a decent top 5 SEC class class this season if he can close good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
this is what I think has been his major task. It's what Chump was hired to do (and made some progress for a short while then lost it). Is he there yet? I don't know.
Once a team quits on a head coach (or squad leader... or business leader... or whatever) you are done. There is almost no chance of coming back from that. They quit on Chimp in 2013.

I'm afraid they quit on Butters in November of 2015.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That may be true, but he called them out on it. And I don't believe they gave up at all this year. They "could" have after getting pounded by FSU and Bama back to back, but they didn't. They prepared well, and dominated in the bowl game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That may be true, but he called them out on it. And I don't believe they gave up at all this year. They "could" have after getting pounded by FSU and Bama back to back, but they didn't. They prepared well, and dominated in the bowl game.
I was expecting a loss with so many players out (particularly the LBs) and the back to back beatings. Kudos to the coaching staff and players.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Once a team quits on a head coach (or squad leader... or business leader... or whatever) you are done. There is almost no chance of coming back from that. They quit on Chimp in 2013.

none of them were HIS players........inherited from (if I remember the narrative in HERE) the worst fckin coach that ever drew a breath from Dwag nation by way of Oak Hall. They looked pretty motivated (many now his guys) against Iowa (picked in here to ) beat him............

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Agree fully.

I saw 2015 as different from 13, and 09.

In 15, they were just beaten. Some individuals quit but they were not the leaders. They were the remnants of the disease from Meyer.

09 they gave up on each other and the team off the field, 13 on the field. Similar to 13 but 13, they also lost trust in the coach. In 09 the coach was a figure head.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know where you avatar comes from, but seeing it with this post I must treat it as gravity - unseen, unwritten, but unstopppable nonetheless.
I don't know why, but I always think Big Trouble in Little China when I see it.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Thinking like this is what will put is in the cellar. Dude cannot recruit!!!!! That should be apparent to ANYONE paying a smiggin of attention. WE are going to get killed in the next for years because of the last two years of recruiting, if you can't recruit in this conference.....YOU ARE DONE! I cannot understand why some of our fan base continues to ignore this glaring fact!!!!!!!!
Because its not necessarily about getting 5 stars. Its about managing a roster which mac is doing a good job of. Mac is building depth and filling holes still leftover from the last guy. It's a rebuild that were almost out of.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Because its not necessarily about getting 5 stars. Its about managing a roster which mac is doing a good job of. Mac is building depth and filling holes still leftover from the last guy. It's a rebuild that were almost out of.
You know you can fill holes with 4 and 5 star guys to. Not saying some of the depth wasn't welcome but to say these low ranked classes were because he wanted it that way. He may be a good at coaching kids up but acting like we are intentionally passing over higher ranked guys for these "hidden gems" is foolish. We got smoked and have played it like our coaching staff are these elite evaluators outsmarting everyone else.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know you can fill holes with 4 and 5 star guys to. Not saying some of the depth wasn't welcome but to say these low ranked classes were because he wanted it that way. He may be a good at coaching kids up but acting like we are intentionally passing over higher ranked guys for these "hidden gems" is foolish. We got smoked and have played it like our coaching staff are these elite evaluators outsmarting everyone else.
Better than the last 2

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
A coach deserves at least four years to get all his players implemented/developed for the style he wants.
You better hope we aren't the 100 th ranked offense by macs year 4 or it won't fit your narrative.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You better hope we aren't the 100 th ranked offense by macs year 4 or it won't fit your narrative.

I don't give a fv<k who, but if Franks, Trask, Allen or the new athlete guy we promised a "shot" at QB can hit an open receiver consistently, we'll be 50 places higher in the offensive rankings at minimum. We've had some of the most ridiculously horrible passers behind center here at UF for quite a while now. It has to end some day, doesn't it?

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why, but I always think Big Trouble in Little China when I see it.

Team America. Kim Jong Il

200_s.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.