UF quarterbacks since 2010

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was no big fan of Brantley when he was here however I often wonder how he would have looked with a real RB and at least 1 or 2 real WR's instead of Urban's hodge podge that he left in 2010. Sure there were a few good players around him but it was mostly a splintered collection of misfits offensively as it has remained for the last 5 years.
If he played for SOS he would've been better than Johnson or Palmer. Meyer ruined his confidence, and that is coming from the GA's at the time. I still see Wuerffel, Grossman, and Matthews ahead of him. He probably would've been in the realm of Dean.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As it was, he supposedly lied to him, ultimately running him off. That's not Meyer's style at all.
Again, I heard with my own ears during spring training or fall practice of 08. If I were a guru of searches, Im sure I could find the corresponding Sun article. Creyer mentioned keeping Timmy from getting hit.

aNot his style? He did the exact same thing to Braxton Miller, promised him a QB competitiin and rotation then moved him to WR once it was too late to transfer.

Now I guess we have a third theory, that Cam was vetting thrown out and Creyer couldnt stop it.

As to the piint, Creyer is abov all thungs arrogant. He really thought he could win with Brantley, Trey and Jordan Reed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Again, I heard with my own ears during spring training or fall practice of 08. If I were a guru of searches, Im sure I could find the corresponding Sun article. Creyer mentioned keeping Timmy from getting hit.

aNot his style? He did the exact same thing to Braxton Miller, promised him a QB competitiin and rotation then moved him to WR once it was too late to transfer.

Now I guess we have a third theory, that Cam was vetting thrown out and Creyer couldnt stop it.

As to the piint, Creyer is abov all thungs arrogant. He really thought he could win with Brantley, Trey and Jordan Reed.

Law, you're misreading what I'm writing. My "not his style" comment was that if Meyer felt he had Cam, and only Cam, to rely on post-Tebow, he wouldn't have allowed things to become soured, nor do I believe we wouldn't have found a way to get past the reported academic issues. It may have been lies, but he would've sold him on that. I think it was becoming increasingly obvious that JB would be the next guy, based on practice and reviews. And I think that--more than anything else--led to CN's transfer. Again, it's a position that's no more provable than yours. But I've heard straight from a former player how great Meyer was at keeping players mentally engaged if he felt he might need them. So I think there would've been some different decisions made if JB never comes here, which was my original point.

And I'll disagree with you on the last point as well. The fact that Meyer decided he'd rather take his chances with a concussed Tebow who was clearly not himself against Lsu in '09, rather than Brantley, told me everything I needed to know. I'm not sure Tim was himself again until the uga game weeks later, but was a considered a better choice than 3rd year guy.

As for your Reed comment, it's pretty obvious that Meyer wasn't sold on him at QB considering he went all out to land Aaron Murray in the same class. I'll give you Trey, but I think he'd already begun checking out by then.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Your program is more like a flaming turd than a phoenix rising from the ashes. Why don't you win a game once a decade before you start spouting your s*it. As a matter of fact why don't you spout your s*it on the Vol message boards instead of here or don't they have electricity in Tennessee yet.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, son, that's all about to change. Where have you been? Your program is hell bent for election to the toilette while Tennessee is the Phoenix rising.

Your program is more like a flaming turd than a rising phoenix. why don't you take your s*itty commentary and post on the vol boards, or don't they have electricity in Tennessee yet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As for your Reed comment, it's pretty obvious that Meyer wasn't sold on him at QB considering he went all out to land Aaron Murray in the same class.
I really think the Murray thing was just a recruiting ranking move. He loved winning those February championships and Murray was five stars.

Surely Creyer didn't delude himself into thinking he had any clue what to do with a passing QB. Can you even imagine Murray trying to run Creyer's Single Wing? :rotfl:

Chris Leak all over again. I think Creyer was a little too heavy into the antipsychotics even before 2010.

911 what is your emergency?
It's Urban again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.