Recruiting UF Recruiting Notebook

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A lot of out of state players being looked at. I read where we're going after some Miami commits (from south Florida/Dade County area). I'm hoping we get a DT commit soon.

From Gatorcountry:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...rida-gators-recruiting-notebook-for-may-10th/

Offensive lineman Billy Ross (6-5, 310, Huntington, WV High) made news on Sunday night when he tweeted out his summer visits that start at the end of May. Ross says he will visit Florida on May 28th and will also see, Duke, Florida State, South Carolina, Ohio State and North Carolina while on a two-week visit spree. Right now West Virginia and North Carolina are considered the front-runners but Florida hopes to get in the mix following his visit to Gainesville.

Receiver Tee Higgins (6-4, 188, Oak Ridge, TN High) received a visit from receiver’s coach Kerry Dixon last week. Higgins, who is considered to be leaning towards Clemson, is in the process of setting up a visit to Gainesville this summer. Higgins is one of the top receivers in the country for 2017.

Receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones (6-2, 192, Detroit, MI Cass Tech) also received a visit from Dixon last week at his school. Peoples-Jones is one of the Gators top targets and the receiver likes Florida. Peoples-Jones visited Gainesville this spring and is trying to return again this summer. Michigan is Florida’s big threat for the receiver.

Defensive tackle Fred Hansford (6-3, 324, Princeton, NJ Hun School) tweeted on Sunday night that he had a “great talk” with Coach McElwain and that “Coach Mac the realist!.” Hansford is scheduled to receive a visit from defensive backs coach Torrian Gray and defensive line coach Chris Rumph on Wednesday. Hansford is also trying to visit Gainesville this summer. Hansford is considered to be looking hard at Rutgers and Penn State.

2018 cornerback Jalen Green (6-2, 165, Houston, TX John H. Reagan) picked up an offer from the Gators on Friday after Florida visited him for a practice.

2018 Georgia offensive line commit Max Wray (6-6, 255, Franklin, TN High) also picked up an offer from Florida on Friday. Wray indicated that a trip to Florida could happen this summer.

Running backs coach Tim Skipper is expected to be in California this week recruiting several Gators targets this week.

Offensive line coach Mike Summers and tight ends coach Greg Nord are expected to be in Tennessee and Kentucky recruiting for the Gators this week.

(we also offered a OT from Dematha, MD HS after this report was written)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
McElwain making Britt (LB from Alabama) a priority:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/mcelwain-making-britt-a-priority-for-the-florida-gators/

On Tuesday defensive coordinator Geoff Collins visited one of the top Gators top linebacker targets when he visited K.J. Britt (6-1, 223, Oxford, AL High) at his school.

“Coach Collins came by school on Tuesday during the day,” Britt said. “I was taking a test, but he talked to my coaches. They told me that he had stopped by to see me and was going to come back later in the spring.”

Britt didn’t get to speak to Florida on Tuesday but he admits that he talks to Florida a lot, including daily messages from head coach Jim McElwain.

“I talk to Florida about every day, one of the coaches at least every day,” he said of his talks with Florida. “Coach Mac hits me up pretty much every morning and ‘says good morning and have a good day’, that’s big coming from the head coach. I also talk to Coach Collins and Coach Shannon a lot too but Coach Mac is every day.

McElwain doesn’t mince words when he talks to Britt about the Gators needing him in the Class of 2017.

“Coach Mac says every day that I’m going to be a Gator,” Britt said of McElwain’s message. “He tells me that I’m their number one target and that they want me bad. We have regular conversations with each other and he isn’t pressuring me at all. He just told me that whenever I’m ready to commit that he’s down with it.”

Linebackers coach Randy Shannon also talks to Britt a lot, and he sends a message about where the linebacker would fit into the Gators defense.

“I’m going to go with my decision in August,” he said. “Auburn is still my leader but Florida, Georgia, Clemson and South Carolina are right there behind them right now.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Britt is one of the top linebackers in the country and Auburn is quickly filling up with linebackers, which could benefit the Gators and Georgia. The key for Florida is getting him and his family back down this summer for a visit.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the update! You sure are one BMF!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of out of state players being looked at. I read where we're going after some Miami commits (from south Florida/Dade County area). I'm hoping we get a DT commit soon.

From Gatorcountry:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...rida-gators-recruiting-notebook-for-may-10th/

Offensive lineman Billy Ross (6-5, 310, Huntington, WV High) made news on Sunday night when he tweeted out his summer visits that start at the end of May. Ross says he will visit Florida on May 28th and will also see, Duke, Florida State, South Carolina, Ohio State and North Carolina while on a two-week visit spree. Right now West Virginia and North Carolina are considered the front-runners but Florida hopes to get in the mix following his visit to Gainesville.

Receiver Tee Higgins (6-4, 188, Oak Ridge, TN High) received a visit from receiver’s coach Kerry Dixon last week. Higgins, who is considered to be leaning towards Clemson, is in the process of setting up a visit to Gainesville this summer. Higgins is one of the top receivers in the country for 2017.

Receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones (6-2, 192, Detroit, MI Cass Tech) also received a visit from Dixon last week at his school. Peoples-Jones is one of the Gators top targets and the receiver likes Florida. Peoples-Jones visited Gainesville this spring and is trying to return again this summer. Michigan is Florida’s big threat for the receiver.

Defensive tackle Fred Hansford (6-3, 324, Princeton, NJ Hun School) tweeted on Sunday night that he had a “great talk” with Coach McElwain and that “Coach Mac the realist!.” Hansford is scheduled to receive a visit from defensive backs coach Torrian Gray and defensive line coach Chris Rumph on Wednesday. Hansford is also trying to visit Gainesville this summer. Hansford is considered to be looking hard at Rutgers and Penn State.

2018 cornerback Jalen Green (6-2, 165, Houston, TX John H. Reagan) picked up an offer from the Gators on Friday after Florida visited him for a practice.

2018 Georgia offensive line commit Max Wray (6-6, 255, Franklin, TN High) also picked up an offer from Florida on Friday. Wray indicated that a trip to Florida could happen this summer.

Running backs coach Tim Skipper is expected to be in California this week recruiting several Gators targets this week.

Offensive line coach Mike Summers and tight ends coach Greg Nord are expected to be in Tennessee and Kentucky recruiting for the Gators this week.

(we also offered a OT from Dematha, MD HS after this report was written)
FYI - the DT from NJ is Fred Hansard (Gator Country got it wrong).
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...ackle-fred-hansard-makes-rivals-100-for-2017/

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Summers and Nord teaming up to recruit Tennessee and Kentucky? I guess we can count on not having any players from those states…

Last edited:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is good news. Ours should be a national brand. Still, I'd love to see us taking care of business at home in the Sunshine State. There is no reason we shouldn't own the state - none - and if we did we'd fill most if not all of our needs most years with big, fast and skilled kids from home.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Going head-to-head with Harbaugh in Michigan. I doubt we get the kid but it's funny that we're trying to be a thorn in their side.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Going head-to-head with Harbaugh in Michigan. I doubt we get the kid but it's funny that we're trying to be a thorn in their side.

We actually lead for his recruitment.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ox needs to start paying these guys from the millions and millions he makes off us here at GatorChatter.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I doubt we get him either but the more time the crazy man spends shoring up his home base the less time he has in Florida.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt we get him either but the more time the crazy man spends shoring up his home base the less time he has in Florida.

Absolutely. Mac is obviously trying to be a pain in Harbaugh's side. There's enough talent though in the South that we should be killing it down here. The time is now...this year. There's no more next year's(recruiting). We need a huge splash class. Otherwise, this program will need someone with a large pedigree and name.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Absolutely. Mac is obviously trying to be a pain in Harbaugh's side. There's enough talent though in the South that we should be killing it down here. The time is now...this year. There's no more next year's(recruiting). We need a huge splash class. Otherwise, this program will need someone with a large pedigree and name.
Agreed! Mac either "Kills it" this year on the trail or the trail kills him,period! We can't keep replacing 4 & 5* talent with 2 & 3* talent and expect to get back to being Elite!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm embarrassed for the writer for pretending we have a chance with people- Jones. We'll keep chasing Michigan and Alabama's top in state targets and fsu and Clemson will keep owning Florida.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Agreed! Mac either "Kills it" this year on the trail or the trail kills him,period! We can't keep replacing 4 & 5* talent with 2 & 3* talent and expect to get back to being Elite!

Are you talking about the stockpile of 4 & 5* talent on offense that chump left us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.