UF' starting five on O-line to remain the same

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Heggie is not an upgrade over anyone he would replace. Why aren't Delance, Moore, Gouraige and Belch getting playing time? Maybe their High School OL coaches taught them how to play OL...

Hevesey is a moron - been saying this since he was hired... Savage is a bust at Strength and Conditioning. KenSucky pushed us around all night long so all of that rhetoric about these intense strength and conditioning workouts are just BS too...

I still think Trask is a smarter/better QB than Franks. It does not appear Franks can process information fast enough. Can't believe Trask did not get even a series to see if he could do something different than Franks...

I thought I was only one who thought Hevesy was a below average O-line coach. Memory tells me that a large portion on this board were very happy that Hevesy was coming here with Cousin Eddie. I was not. Now I am not saying 2 games makes a career, but as I have said for a zillion years, what the fan sees on game day is the culmination of Monday thru Friday. Yet another year of O-linemen missing multiple assignments. It has gotten to the point that if you are an o-lineman and you wear a UF jersey, you are probably going to suck balls, regardless of the O-line coach!

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Can't figure out why this seems to be some kind of new brilliant idea. I heard Mullen talk about the team being used to just doing walk throughs in helmets and shells and that might be part of the tackling and toughness problem. Well, no $h!t. You play like you practice.

We've gone overboard on trying to prevent injuries. What good are healthy players who can't block and tackle?
That is coaching. Practicing in shorts and helmets is fine. We have had coaches who suck at coaching.

Football's John Gagliardi: Winning With Limited Contact

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need an OL blocking backpack
Or an "I can't block" backpack they wear during play.

Oh boy, I feel like its back to the future deja vu all over again.
... or vuja de = wish I hadn't seen this the first time.

Poor O-line play isn't helping him develop. He needs some time and a running game to take pressure off of him. He's not mentally tough enough to carry that burden on his own.
... like coaching in a team concept ?

I heard we were going to practice hard this week and that should fix it.
.... fix it so they can play their tails off ?

Here's a question;

Who inherited a worse OL, Butters or Mullen?

The one who inherited McElame as coach is way worse off.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I was only one who thought Hevesy was a below average O-line coach. Memory tells me that a large portion on this board were very happy that Hevesy was coming here with Cousin Eddie. I was not. Now I am not saying 2 games makes a career, but as I have said for a zillion years, what the fan sees on game day is the culmination of Monday thru Friday. Yet another year of O-linemen missing multiple assignments. It has gotten to the point that if you are an o-lineman and you wear a UF jersey, you are probably going to suck balls, regardless of the O-line coach!

I, for one, am very disappointed with the "Staff" Mullen brought to UF. I was hoping he would go get the best position coaches and coordinators, not bring in the majority of the staff who went 33 - 39 in SEC games...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I, for one, am very disappointed with the "Staff" Mullen brought to UF. I was hoping he would go get the best position coaches and coordinators, not bring in the majority of the staff who went 33 - 39 in SEC games...

No creativity, flexibility there, by Mullen. = new better moneys but no new, better coaches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator