UF vs Miami, 2019

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You have to be an older Gator to appreciate this series, which ceased being a home-and-away affair 31 years ago.

I got the logic behind its cancellation, but I'd still rather play the bums regularly than adding another cheesecake. It's a rivalry game, a bitter, bitter rivalry game.
78 this leads to the question of WHY UF engenders so much hate and ends up with so many rivalries. I know SOS had a lot to do with it but we had em even before his coaching stint. I guess havin scUM and the nulls was a natural but and UGly also but Auburn became one and then UT (sos got that one kcking) I guess I answered most of it. UF the team that teams like to hate. When we were playing lsu UGA aub. UT fsu and then the SEC title game for years we needed UM like a teacher with a large class needs a Jeff Dalmner added to the class. Especially when halfff ass U had a schedule of UF and UM bookending 9 patsies.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
giphy.gif

It was a satirical reference to the fact that the official UF-UGA thread was started 14 days before the game, OBVIOUSLY. Meanwhile, your belief that we, as fans, should be "concentrating" on the next game is...special.

SamIAm's Boss: Hey SamIAm, what the hell's the holdup with those TPS reports that were supposed to be on my desk yesterday!?!

SamIAm: C'mon boss, cut me some slack! Don't you know Florida plays Georgia in two weeks? I'M CONCENTRATING ON DEM DAWGS!!
It IS the biggest most important game of the freaking year!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78 this leads to the question of WHY UF engenders so much hate and ends up with so many rivalries. I know SOS had a lot to do with it but we had em even before his coaching stint. I guess havin scUM and the nulls was a natural but and UGly also but Auburn became one and then UT (sos got that one kcking) I guess I answered most of it. UF the team that teams like to hate. When we were playing lsu UGA aub. UT fsu and then the SEC title game for years we needed UM like a teacher with a large class needs a Jeff Dalmner added to the class. Especially when halfff ass U had a schedule of UF and UM bookending 9 patsies.
Good question, Coach. I'll attempt to answer.

1) Canes = blowhards.
2) The Gator flop.
3) Jimmy Johnson's hair.
4) Schellenberger ordering a bullshyt FG up by three TDs at Florida Field with less than 2:00 to play in the '80 game.
5) UF fans responding by pelting the Miami bench with tangerines, allegedly some of them frozen hard as a rock (must have been crotch coolers).
6) Canes = blowhards.
7) Jim Kelly's "Gators Eat Boogers" T-shirt.
8) Losing the '84 season-opening Tampa Stadium affair in the last minute, our only loss that season.
9) James Jones' catch. Suck it, Canes.
10) "This is going to help Miami more than you know."
11) "AIDS is a Cane in the a$$."

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Beaches, no snow and we don't work at the Goodyear plant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.