UF's D 6th best in SEC

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
Preseason rankings don't mean crap...I just as soon everyone think we will just roll over and play dead. I have no doubt we will get plenty of attention as the season progresses and we start winning.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n269239 said:
ESPN's Football Power Index has our defense projected to be 4th best this year. In the country.

Article is Insider only, but I'm an Insider.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/in...post?id=114127

No doubt we can be that good. Everyone knows we have a great secondary, our D-line is going to surprise a lot of people how dominant they become, our only question mark is LB, if everyone stays healthy and makes progress during the season, we'll be fine there too.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n290808 said:
I think we are actually 5th right now in total defense (behind LSU, Mizzu, Bama, and Ugly) if these stats are up to date: http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

I wouldn't trade with any of them at the moment.

I haven't watched LSU or Mizz, but bama's D gave up a ton of points and yards to Ole Sis. The buttlickers got destroyed by a one dimensional bama offense. I'll certainly take our D over theirs.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
chferg;n290829 said:
Probably doesnt take in account of teams played. Methzou has only played SC and UK from the SEC and their non con included UCONN, Arky St, SEMO...None of those teams have a competent offense
Probably, but their statistics are impressive.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The writer was huffing the day he wrote this article.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is the "6th" best D just held the 1st best O to 10 pts., and that's dang good :chomp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.