Unknowns

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Any body know the update on the likes of Andrew Ivie, Desir Jones, Ancrum, Zuniga, Knight, Buchanan, Sandifer? Pretty sure all these guys redshirted, but was curious if anybody had any insight as to whether these guys are progressing and potentially playing this year or have a solid shot at playing at all in their tenures at UF.

Also, I'm curious to see when the updated roster comes out if these guys have changed body shape.
Also, I know I've said this before, but I truly believe the only thing we need to do to win the East is beat Tenn. I don't think georgia is ready honestly with a true fresh at QB and RB injuries.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll get some answers to questions about our team when spring practice starts.

We'll get answers about Georgia as their season progresses.

Get your speculation and silly questions out of here. What do you think this is, a discussion group?

:jerkstore:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Any body know the update on the likes of Andrew Ivie, Desir Jones, Ancrum, Zuniga, Knight, Buchanan, Sandifer? Pretty sure all these guys redshirted, but was curious if anybody had any insight as to whether these guys are progressing and potentially playing this year or have a solid shot at playing at all in their tenures at UF.

Also, I'm curious to see when the updated roster comes out if these guys have changed body shape.
Also, I know I've said this before, but I truly believe the only thing we need to do to win the East is beat Tenn. I don't think georgia is ready honestly with a true fresh at QB and RB injuries.
I've got high hopes for Sandifer because of his size, if Ivie is even 3quarters of his older brother he should see playing time because of depth on dline. Zuniga will have to battle with Clayton for playing time IMO.
Agreed that we should win the East as long as we take UT down....There is just no one else in the division that looks better than a .500 team to me.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I wish just beating Tennessee was all we had to do to win the East. Teams that are .500 or even worse can beat you if you are not careful. On the other hand, we can lose to Tennessee and still win the East. It is only one loss. There are always ups and downs to a season. The unexpected is what football seasons are made of.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zuniga and Ancrum are probably both still at least a year away. There's no way they're going to even dent our D line rotation right now.

Sandifer has lost a ton of weight which is actually good. He should be in the rotation this year.

Ivie should supply depth this year. Desir Jones and Buchanon are still at least a year away.

Camrin Knight would be 3rd string. I don't think that he's nearly as talented as the 2 ahead of him. This is one of the reasons that TE is so critical in recruiting this year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Zuniga and Ancrum are probably both still at least a year away. There's no way they're going to even dent our D line rotation right now.

Sandifer has lost a ton of weight which is actually good. He should be in the rotation this year.

Ivie should supply depth this year. Desir Jones and Buchanon are still at least a year away.

Camrin Knight would be 3rd string. I don't think that he's nearly as talented as the 2 ahead of him. This is one of the reasons that TE is so critical in recruiting this year.
J what's your take on Holley...he was a 5 star coming out I believe? I have a sneaky feeling Knight may get a few reps when we are in 2 TE sets. He was a WR in HS and I think he could be used to get us some mismatches if he is lined up against a LBer.....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I heard Holley re-injured his hip. Chronic problem that will likely end in a medical hardship, I'm guessing.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The updated roster should be released within 2-3 weeks and that will give us an indication of where some of these kids are (at a good playing weight or not). Also, there should be a pre-season presser where they make a lot of these announcements (such as who is injured or will miss time). Not much we can do right now but speculate.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I heard Holley re-injured his hip. Chronic problem that will likely end in a medical hardship, I'm guessing.

If I remember correctly, McElwain gave less than an encouraging assessment on Holley at SEC Media Days. I doubt Holley will contribute many minutes this season if he sees the field at all. It's a shame.

Let me throw another name out there.. kalif Jackson

I was impressed with KJ in the spring game. He reminded me of Jarad Davis when JD first saw action on the field of play. See ball, hit ball.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
J what's your take on Holley...he was a 5 star coming out I believe? I have a sneaky feeling Knight may get a few reps when we are in 2 TE sets. He was a WR in HS and I think he could be used to get us some mismatches if he is lined up against a LBer.....

Holley. Man. What could have been.

Doesn't look good for him. To my understanding he has to keep his weight under 250 because of his hip.

We have had some shyt luckwith DTs.

Here is a tweet from SEC Media Days regarding his health:

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So it looks like we have another highly rated player who will never play or have had their career cut short for us because of health issues. Seems like about 4 in the last 3 years or so.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Once I heard about how bad Holley's hip was and that he aggravated it during spring, I knew he was done. Just let it go and hope that this guy can maintain some quality of life going forward. Very sad.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
If I remember correctly, McElwain gave less than an encouraging assessment on Holley at SEC Media Days. I doubt Holley will contribute many minutes this season if he sees the field at all. It's a shame.

I was impressed with KJ in the spring game. He reminded me of Jarad Davis when JD first saw action on the field of play. See ball, hit ball.

He needs to be changed to H-back. The kid moves like pond water. Hopefully he can block.

After reading Homer's post, I realized the agregious error I made in a prior post mistaking Kalif Jackson for Kylan Johnson. I apologize to both KJs and any other posters whose intelligence I inadvertently insulted. (To be honest, the mistake was posted by my evil twin.)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After reading Homer's post, I realized the agregious error I made in a prior post mistaking Kalif Jackson for Kylan Johnson. I apologize to both KJs and any other posters whose intelligence I inadvertently insulted. (To be honest, the mistake was posted by my evil twin.)

Lake, don't you think for one moment that I missed your reference to my "inadvertant intelligence".

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I knew who you meant but I just didn't have the heart to correct you. You're one of the nice ones around here.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

No apologies necessary. I'm incredibly impressed that you not only can type so well, but you don't get easily distracted by squirrels. You're smarter than the average hound.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I loved Kylan in the spring game. We may have one of those 3* gems we keep hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator