Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember a couple of months ago when Davis was hired and the dumpers claimed good coaches don't come from small schools and Mac whiffed on the hire?

Those were good times.
Dont get ahead of yourself. He landed one recruit and hasnt coached a game yet. Do I feel more optimistic? Yes. But you guys claimed Callahan was a grandslam too til the day he was fired.

Also, dont act like he was our first choice. We COULD have hired him in December, and didnt.

Do I hope we landed a diamond in the rough? Yes. Should THE University of Florida be shopping for bargains with no resume and hoping for the best? Hell no. That is exactly how we got in this position.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember a couple of months ago when Davis was hired and the dumpers claimed good coaches don't come from small schools and Mac whiffed on the hire?

Those were good times.
From what we've heard the recruits love him which is great and if he lands the O-line recruits we're expected to get it'll be hard to argue against him as a recruiter.
But I'm still skeptical with him as a coach until he proves it on the field.

Would you not agree it wouldn't be fair to judge him before he's coached a game?

He could turn out to be a slam dunk hire but until he proves he can coach our guys up let's hold off on naming him coach of the year.

Some positions you can afford to have a guy that's a better recruiter than he is with x's and o's offensive line is not one of those positions.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Dont get ahead of yourself. He landed one recruit and hasnt coached a game yet. Do I feel more optimistic? Yes. But you guys claimed Callahan was a grandslam too til the day he was fired.

Also, dont act like he was our first choice. We COULD have hired him in December, and didnt.

Do I hope we landed a diamond in the rough? Yes. Should THE University of Florida be shopping for bargains with no resume and hoping for the best? Hell no. That is exactly how we got in this position.
All of this.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
First typo it should have said "WE" not "He". So now Jimbo is a great coach, because you stats back that up, how again? You haven't proven the point he is a great coach. If you were to say he is a great recruiter, yep, there is data to prove that point. You're point isn't that he is a great recruiter it is that he is a great coach, which the data doesn't support. Please support your argument. Because so far, it's just words with nothing to back it up. He is a team that routinely gets top 5 talent, but routinely also has a loss it shouldn't ever year.

Your right about Bobby, he was so Senile he hired Jimbo Fisher as his coach in waiting.
That coach in waiting paid off for now. I've posted his record, his offenses and that he's a great recruiter. By every metric used to evaluate a HC I've posted yet you refuse to see the facts. The balls in your court to prove he's not a great coach.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So if we're now on the outside looking in on Fields, do we put all our eggs into the Corral basket? Really gonna suck if Fields live up to the hype and goes to either UGA or Fsu.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That coach in waiting paid off for now. I've posted his record, his offenses and that he's a great recruiter. By every metric used to evaluate a HC I've posted yet you refuse to see the facts. The balls in your court to prove he's not a great coach.

Already did, you just didn't pay attention... See Post #1969. Balls been in your court for a while, you made the accusation that Jimbo is an offensive guru. You have yet to prove your point. You make that statement, you have to prove.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One of my most reliable souses writes:
One of Saban's support staff took carpet swatches & drapery fabrics to Kennesaw, Ga for Field's momma to choose from. (He drove there in an Escalade but has a Delta return flight booked.??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.