UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
It's pretty obvious we have people who want Zaire and Mac to fail....

:whistle:
giphy.gif

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And you think we have any chance of him coming to UF, and if he did the SEC would probably eat his offense up for lunch. Not to mention he has little to no ties for recruiting in our area.

I might be wrong but that is not happening any more than say Saban coming.

I think Chip Kelly would light it up offensively and in recruiting at UF. My only concern would be him hiring a top Defenisve Coordinator. I have no idea if he would come to UF but, I would fire Mac today if Kelly wanted in.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Chip Kelly would light it up offensively and in recruiting at UF. My only concern would be him hiring a top Defenisve Coordinator. I have no idea if he would come to UF but, I would fire Mac today if Kelly wanted in.
Everyone here would...but he ain't coming here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly would consider us probably if certain other jobs weren't open. ND and A&M could be looking for coaches after this season if they don't have decent seasons. Both could be fired even for 8-4 seasons. I think we could be in play if those 2 coaches survive if somehow we collapsed and Mac was fired after 3 seasons.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
So in his 53 college completions he hasn't thrown a pick.

I love the way you choose to list completions (always the smaller number) instead of attempts which is the norm when talking about consecutive passes without an interception. For example, the Gator record book has an entry titled "Consecutive Passes Without An Interception", but there is no entry for completions without an interception.

Why try to make things sound as bad as possible instead of just discussing it straight up?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Chip Kelly is a great offensive coach in the same way that Hugh Freeze is a great offensive coach.

Chip Kelly skipped town as the NCAA closed in on his illegal recruiting at Oregon. The penalties included lost scholarships, probation for three years, and an 18-month show-cause against Chip Kelly. The NCAA also reduced Oregon's official paid visits from 56 to 37 for the next three academic years, reduced its evaluation days for each of the next three seasons and banned the program from using recruiting services during the probation period.

If we hired Kelly the NCAA would set up office in Gainesville.

I have no desire to go back on probation.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I love the way you choose to list completions (always the smaller number) instead of attempts which is the norm when talking about consecutive passes without an interception. For example, the Gator record book has an entry titled "Consecutive Passes Without An Interception", but there is no entry for completions without an interception.

Why try to make things sound as bad as possible instead of just discussing it straight up?
So are you going to try to spin that 98 attempts is some huge number? 53, 98, what does it matter? Either way the guy has barely played enough to know if he's any good.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If Zaire comes here, Toney will redshirt since Zaire can do the same thing only better.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac messed up by not getting a QB in his first class, then he signed 2 projects. LDR will be the starter and Zaire will battle Massey for the Wildcat formation.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
So are you going to try to spin that 98 attempts is some huge number? 53, 98, what does it matter? Either way the guy has barely played enough to know if he's any good.

I pointed out that you were spinning the numbers. Then you reply somehow accusing me of spinning the number as though that would obviously be wrong.

LOL

If the number doesn't matter then why go out of your way to use completions (which no one does) instead of the standard which is attempts. You were obviously spinning the number to make it sound as bad as possible.

Instead of asking IF I am going to do that, simply answer why you DID.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it works out for Zaire to come here. I also hope that Mac gets about 5 more div 1 players to play defense this year.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You have a known history of taking anything said and spinning to fit your own narrative. I mentioned his attempts in a previous post either here or in our discussion in the chatbox earlier. You can look it up. It's not important to me. If I had known that mentioning 53 completions instead of the massive 98 attempts number was going to upset you so much I never would have done it.

What is your real point here?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
You have a known history of taking anything said and spinning to fit your own narrative. I mentioned his attempts in a previous post either here or in our discussion in the chatbox earlier. You can look it up. It's not important to me. If I had known that mentioning 53 completions instead of the massive 98 attempts number was going to upset you so much I never would have done it.

What is your real point here?

No real point at all. Just pointing out the manipulation of stats. If people spin them then they shouldn't get upset when called on it. It's hilarious that you keep accusing me of spinning info when it was clearly you that was doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.