UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really, after Appleby, another cull from up north is coming our way. This staff is unduly enamored by other team's rejects.
And yet.... I dont know whether we are 3 star U.or Graduate Transfer U.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember one of those blue chippers Superior brought in, Sablehouse or something like that. He was suppose to be great, and didn't last no time.
I think he transferred to WVU eventually.

I heard he had some severe psychological things going on. Pretty sure he never played a snap.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FIFY. That's not depth, that's a trash pile.

LDR unless hurt will start. Zaire will take over. Not having Zaire available for the Spring hurt us badly. He won't have enough time in three weeks to learn the playbook, but Mac won't stay with LDR for long if he is sucking. If LDR is still hurt, I think Zaire does start in place of Franks.

Not sure what they do with Toney. My gut is that his running package stays (rather than Zaire running, can't afford to take more risks with him), and that we will see him too in game one. However, not sure how to work that into the depth chart because he isn't going to be the every play QB no matter what injuries we have.

Yep that lack of Spring practice will be bad as far as Zaire being ready. If LDR is healthy by the start of camp I could see Mac possibly starting him in the Michigan game just because he has the QB switch to go to when the fans are raising hell if the QB gets ate up that game. I think he wants to avoid putting Franks out there that game and would much rather him get his first snaps against the cupcake team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah by mid October, 2222 and the rest of the UAA Borg will be blaming the QBs and even Nusschump demanding their heads.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yep that lack of Spring practice will be bad as far as Zaire being ready. If LDR is healthy by the start of camp I could see Mac possibly starting him in the Michigan game just because he has the QB switch to go to when the fans are raising hell if the QB gets ate up that game. I think he wants to avoid putting Franks out there that game and would much rather him get his first snaps against the cupcake team.
So in other words he's ready to concede the biggest opener we've had in yrs on a national stage? If that's his train of thought then he should be fired right after the Michigan game! He's had 2 yrs to find a quality QB...he hasn't! He's had a year and a half to get one of Franks/Trask ready and if they aren't it just proves he's not the guy to lead this program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So in other words he's ready to concede the biggest opener we've had in yrs on a national stage.
We are bringing back Nusschump and Company. He will be Nusschumping.

He will be doing it with either a piece off Oregon State or ND's trash heap, or maybe even a freshman who has never taken a snap. If he does it with ND's reject, he will be doing so with a QB who has only had three weeks of practice, who wont know 10% of the play book, no doubt. As you saw with Applebees, a transfer is just getting used to the playbook by the bowl game.

It isnt about conceding, its about living in Realityville. We have conceded the next two years (plus a transition year or three) by continuing down this path.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We are bringing back Nusschump and Company. He will be Nusschumping.

He will be doing it with either a piece off Oregon State or ND's trash heap, or maybe even a freshman who has never taken a snap. If he does it with ND's reject, he will be doing so with a QB who has only had three weeks of practice. He wont know 10% of the play book no doubt.

It isnt about conceding, its about living in Realityville. We have conceded the next two years by continuing down this path.
Smh...you've got a point there! :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So in other words he's ready to concede the biggest opener we've had in yrs on a national stage? If that's his train of thought then he should be fired right after the Michigan game! He's had 2 yrs to find a quality QB...he hasn't! He's had a year and a half to get one of Franks/Trask ready and if they aren't it just proves he's not the guy to lead this program.

Well I would say its more Mac is scared what Franks might do out there with Michigan blitzing almost every passing down and he knows he could switch to Franks the next game if LDR really stinks it up out there. It will be interesting to see if Zaire gets the start with only a few weeks of practice. That would say a lot about Franks if he does. I might be wrong thinking this but I think Franks has been Driskeling a bunch in practice just reading between the lines and listening to what a few talking heads have said they have been told. Just look at how Mac protected Franks in that Spring practice. I have never seen it made that easy for a likely starting QB before.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You think we're in position to turn our noses up at Chip Kelly?

No as I have stated in the past Chip has no interest in coming to UF, nor do we have any chance of hiring him. Now if he wanted to come here I would be fine with that, I really don't think he would be a success for various reasons.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The joke is on us. This thread is now at some 34 pages. Why? Because we all know what we have at the QB position and coaching. Whether we are excited or curious or whatever, we know we need another teams project to have any chance. This does not bode well for the long term success of Clarabelle and her handlers.

Allow me to posit the opposite, uf812 = It's 36 pages plus due to the prevalent & prospering negative conclusion-jumps on GatChat. There's no well-founded info that Franks is subpar. Think about it. What official would tell the public that Franks is a mental midget having trouble with the mental aspects of the game? Suppose long ago someone tried out the rumor that Franks is doing fine. The anti-Mac naysayers would kill that suggestion immediately in scorching fashion. Thus, no pages on that likelihood.

The fact that Franks was coddled in the spring game may just be smart coaching ... that is, Franks first public showing, his first spring game was a confidence shredder. So, Mac wanted to make sure Franks did well this spring's public showing to keep Franks' development, which has been positive, on a continued upward trajectory. Such a neutral or positive "take" will not be allowed here, never permitted to get started.

Then this Zaire conundrum is taken by naysayers to prove Franks isn't reliable as a starter. Well last year, Franks was not up for starter and Mac brought in AA = injury backup to LDR. So, without negative spin, Zaire is injury backup to Franks??
Whenever there's a rumored hint of knowledge, the immediate negative is implied and run with as fully known truth. We do not fully know much of anything on specifics on this team's status, nor particular player's status. There, I've added to the pages.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Who's to say we haven't already given Zaire a playbook knowing he wanted to come here and potentially knowing that the grad transfer rule would be changed? Now obviously this would only be okay if we already had a handshake agreement, and Sankey's word behind closed doors. Any chance this is possible?

The kid is obviously smart having graduated from ND and having Harvard as an option for his 5th year. I'm hoping he can pick up an offense quickly if he comes here.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I bet some of our posters want Michigan to win more than most Michigan fans...

:whistle:
DQX5V_s-200x150.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I guess I would have a little more confidence also if the Gators were facing a Nuss offense. I doubt any Gator fan wants us to actually lose.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:whistle:
You would certainly think by some of the comments. And yet, there are some logical arguments being made that we are in some shambles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.