Urban Meyer on the Kentucky loss

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Eh, it might make him more tolerable to the fans but it wouldn't change anything. You either have "it" or you don't. Meyer and Spurrier did. If being emotional would make things better then we would have won a god dang super bowl with will mustsuck :lol:

True. But he was just a buffoon and natural born loser.

But to your point, you can’t force it. We all saw moments of that with Mullen. If you have to act out of character, or force something to make your point, you’ve already failed. I’ll agree with Ox that this is BN’s personality. He’s won with it before, so we’ll have to hope he does here with us. But you’re not changing him.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Eh, it might make him more tolerable to the fans but it wouldn't change anything. You either have "it" or you don't. Meyer and Spurrier did. If being emotional would make things better then we would have won a god dang super bowl with will mustsuck :lol:

Correct.

Nobody was more fiery than Muschamp. Zook was emotional enough to try to fight an entire fraternity. Mullen lost his self-control at halftime of the Missouri game (Trask got hit high and late on a hail mary, no flag), led to a fight, suspensions, and a fine for Mullen.

Meanwhile, does anybody remember Meyer losing his sh!t on the sideline or after a game?

I want a Coach who despises losing every bit as much as Spurrier and Meyer (and Jerry Rice, and Walter Payton, and Michael Jordan, etc.) but I want a Coach who can channel that into success rather than "sound and fury signifying nothing".

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hire a woman if you just want to see emotion.

I read Mia Khalifa was let go from Playboy today after she went full lunatic about the Israel/Palestinian thing, while not even being Palestinian herself. But she’s a nole so probably not a fit(no pun).

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I read Mia Khalifa was let go from Playboy today after she went full lunatic about the Israel/Palestinian thing, while not even being Palestinian herself. But she’s a nole so probably not a fit(no pun).

iu

Alex.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
"... Losing is a disaster! And if you don't attack it like that, yeah, I don't necessarily agree with that."

Sounds like he might be taking a little shot at Billy.
No idea if he's taking a shot at this staff. Could be. If he watches our games he probably sees things at different levels that surprise him. We fans do. It's often appeared attention to details are absent, and some of the play, to him, could reflect what's not happening but should be in practice. That coupled with BN's lack of fire on the sidelines(smiles) might be indicative. Look at Saban on the sidelines. Even when ahead, if there are mistakes, he's angry. Hope we beat SC this weekend.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
You sir sound like someone who finished in 2nd a lot :grin:

jk...it's a grind for sure, everyone walks away at some point.
Winning is like a coffee break in hell when you're wired like Urban Meyer. I think SOS has a little more resiliency, but the same intolerance.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone who thinks he doesn't actively watch what's going on here doesn't know the Devil....especially with the talent he sees possibly coming in. Couple that with the fact that he is a tactician not only when it comes to football but........surprise, life/career also(hint hint....Saban is nearly done.....Tell me I'm wrong and I'll call you a buffoon....Urch be like
bird vulture GIF

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

There's a massive difference between showing the players and fans you're emotionally invested in the game & want the win (Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, etc.) and just uncontrolled anger (Muschump). And then there's the complete 180 in Napier who doesn't look like he's all that bothered one way or the other, no matter what's going on.

I agree, you either have "it" as a coach or you don't; which makes it all the more puzzling that a guy who's so analytical is missing such a big part about the college game.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Correct.

Nobody was more fiery than Muschamp. Zook was emotional enough to try to fight an entire fraternity. Mullen lost his self-control at halftime of the Missouri game (Trask got hit high and late on a hail mary, no flag), led to a fight, suspensions, and a fine for Mullen.

Meanwhile, does anybody remember Meyer losing his sh!t on the sideline or after a game?

I want a Coach who despises losing every bit as much as Spurrier and Meyer (and Jerry Rice, and Walter Payton, and Michael Jordan, etc.) but I want a Coach who can channel that into success rather than "sound and fury signifying nothing".

Alex
Zook picked a fight with some frat boys, but he said and did nothing after the Swindle, which was just weird to me. Spurrier would have resigned over it before accepting any punishment he would have gotten for what he would have said after the game. Meyer's revenge the next season would have led to the rivalry being cancelled.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
There's a massive difference between showing the players and fans you're emotionally invested in the game & want the win (Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, etc.) and just uncontrolled anger (Muschump). And then there's the complete 180 in Napier who doesn't look like he's all that bothered one way or the other, no matter what's going on.

I agree, you either have "it" as a coach or you don't; which makes it all the more puzzling that a guy who's so analytical is missing such a big part about the college game.
The timeouts on that 49-10 Georgia win were a nice touch by Urban. That's how you do it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It would be epic to have Urban back.

Back up the Brinks truck and get him on the Ring of Honor.
There is a member called SSI gator that hated my post about me appreciating Urbans desire to win. Wants me banned over it but the guy only has one post since 2015. Go figure. For what its worth I would take Urban back in a New York Minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.