US Open Tennis

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to put a blight on the first weekend of college football, but I can't help myself. Nadal vs. Khachanov in the third round yesterday at Arthur Ashe was maybe the best tennis match I've seen, and that includes the epic Borg and McEnroe marathon at Wimbledon in 1980.

Nadal, the top seed, advanced after surviving the young Rooskie, 5-7, 7-5, 7-6 (7), 7-6 (3). It was one great point after another between the two baseliners.

This is the point that put the match into yet another tiebreak, in the deciding fourth set. Khachanov with a crazy tweener after Nadal lobs him. Just unbelievable tennis.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm way too worldly for you dorks.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This thread....

YCNBS.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to put a blight on the first weekend of college football, but I can't help myself. Nadal vs. Khachanov in the third round yesterday at Arthur Ashe was maybe the best tennis match I've seen, and that includes the epic Borg and McEnroe marathon at Wimbledon in 1980.

Nadal, the top seed, advanced after surviving the young Rooskie, 5-7, 7-5, 7-6 (7), 7-6 (3). It was one great point after another between the two baseliners.

This is the point that put the match into yet another tiebreak, in the deciding fourth set. Khachanov with a crazy tweener after Nadal lobs him. Just unbelievable tennis.

That 39 lob volley was one for the ages. Key to Nadal’s run at him the rest of the match.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That 39 lob volley was one for the ages. Key to Nadal’s run at him the rest of the match.

That was a rally for the ages, lots of heavy balls with angle and deep placement. Just great, great tennis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.