USF at UCF: The War on I-4

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
USF-UCF-580.jpeg

What if Charlie Strong defeats the blue-eyed boy? Will we look at CS to be coaching UF?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No to Charlie Strong. Good guy. Decent coach. Not NC winning HC though...imo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to think of the last guy who wiped out at UT or a similar school then got hired at another.

Come to think of it, Lane Kiffin's wife is white too. Maybe that's why he is stuck in the Sunbelt.

Bob Davie, too!

All these guys that sucked at major jobs can't get another major job bc their wives are white!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately that’s the reason he’ll never get the job. We have some really old south boosters.

It’s a horrible reason but the main reason.
So the fact that we've employed him for 20 years more or less is evidence that we won't hire black guys?

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Unfortunately that’s the reason he’ll never get the job. We have some really old south boosters.

Yeah I remember that being a big deal a few years ago. Charlie has been the head coach of Texas so I really don’t see this being an issue anymore.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the fact that we've employed him for 20 years more or less is evidence that we won't hire black guys?

No. We’ll hire him. But not as HC. That’s a pretty well known fact.

And it’s not because he’s black. Look, I don’t like saying it. The main reason should be because we won’t be elite with him. But it’s not.

They’d hire Taggart, Babers, et.al.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Charlie got in trouble with his UF connections. His OC was ole Joe Wickline for a year. His DC was Vance Bedford. UF connections failed him. He changed his OC his last year with Sterlin Gilbert and they were doing well. Vance Bedford has a porous defense that lead to his demise at Texas.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014

I've heard that before, but no solid proof of that being true. Just because he's black, married to a white woman, and wasn't hired as our head coach must only be due to the worst possible reasons. No other reasons are possible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No. We’ll hire him. But not as HC.
You don't think it has anything to do with him failing miserably at UT? Nothing at all?

JFC, what is it with the twitter justice bros constantly bringing up the name of this SHYT coach with a losing record who had ONE GOOD SEASON in 8 and has the 105th ranked passing offense?

I know, I know, he is black so we have to pretend that 45-50 is an outstanding resume.

I like Babers, a lot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard that before, but no solid proof of that being true. Just because he's black, married to a white woman, and wasn't hired as our head coach must only be due to the worst possible reasons. No other reasons are possible.

I’ll need to ping Dougie. He knew some people who were pretty connected to the program at that time. He’s the one who brought it up to me.

Look - I don’t think he should get the job based on his inability to to excel in big programs. He’s in the perfect place at USF.

He would be miles better than Mac or Chump. But not who we’re looking for. He’s maybe 10th in the list.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that this game is ten times bigger than UF/FSU is downright sad. Imagine telling us that ten years ago - we would have laughed in your face.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He would be miles better than Mac or Chump. But not who we’re looking for. He’s maybe 10th in the list.
This is all true and I will be behind him 100% if he gets hired. I BELIEVE (heart not head) he will do better at UF than at Texas, but the fact is that his past report card is held against him. He is going to be the "we failed with our top picks" kind of choice at best.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think it has anything to do with him failing miserably at UT? Nothing at all?

JFC, what is it with the twitter justice bros constantly bringing up the name of this SHYT coach with a losing record who had ONE GOOD SEASON in 8 and has the 105th ranked passing offense?

I know, I know, he is black so we have to pretend that 45-50 is an outstanding resume.

I like Babers, a lot.

I think his mediocrity is why Stricklin won’t even talk to him.

Taggart is a decent recruiter. And that’s about it.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I’ll need to ping Dougie. He knew some people who were pretty connected to the program at that time. He’s the one who brought it up to me.

Look - I don’t think he should get the job based on his inability to to excel in big programs. He’s in the perfect place at USF.

I love Charlie Strong and think we could do a lot worse than him as the last 7 years have shown, but I just find it hard to believe that he wasn't hired because he is black and married to a white woman.

EDIT: I'll end this here as that is a more political topic.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love Charlie Strong and think we could do a lot worse than him as the last 7 years have shown, but I just find it hard to believe that he wasn't hired because he is black and married to a white woman.

As do I. Especially in this day and age. This is just what I’ve been told. It’s rather embarrassing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that this game is ten times bigger than UF/FSU is downright sad. Imagine telling us that ten years ago - we would have laughed in your face.
Imagine the dozens of fans that will pack the stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.