UT and Pruitt already a dumpster fire; spending all his time at Bama

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Funny how Saban makes everyone feel ashamed for not being loyal to him, yet shows zero loyalty to anyone else, players included. he will process, pull schollys, put guys on back burners and drag them along, and make top 100 recruits pay their own way their first year just so nobody else could have them. Why his shtick has lasted so long is beyond me.
maybe because he wins...he has well earned his hubris

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow, UT is considering allowing Jauan Jennings to return (the WR who made the instagram rant basing the program):

Report: Jauan Jennings met with Tennessee AD Phillip Fulmer about possible reinstatement

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...see-ad-phillip-fulmer-possible-reinstatement/

Jauan Jennings has reportedly met with Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer about returning to the Volunteers’ football team.

Jennings met with Fulmer on Monday morning about potentially returning to the program, according to a report on Twitter from Trey Wallace of The Read Optional.

The Vols’ outstanding wide receiver was dismissed from the team on Nov. 22 by then-interim head coach Brady Hoke after posting a NSFW Instagram rant.

Jennings will soon meet with head coach Jeremy Pruitt, Wallace said. Jennings is apparently in good academic standing with UT.

It would be hard to find a player who made a bigger impact for Tennessee in the 2016 season. Jennings burned Florida’s Jalen Tabor for a memorable touchdown catch against the Gators — a game Tennessee ended up winning 38-28. One week later, he caught a Hail Mary TD pass vs. Georgia to seal a 34-31 win for UT.

It’s safe to say Jennings is certainly one of Tennessee’s top playmakers on offense.

Here’s the tweet from Wallace:

Source: Jauan Jennings met with New Tennessee AD Phillip Fulmer this morning in regards to a potential return to the program. He will meet with Jeremy Pruitt once he returns to Knoxville. I’ve been told that Jennings is in good academic standing with university. #Vols

— Trey Wallace (@TreyW_Radio) December 19, 2017

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
I guess the way I look at it, is that UT HAS a coach that can possibly help win a NC with Alabama.....actually TWO with Sheerer coaching Georgia in their playoff game.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Funny how Saban makes everyone feel ashamed for not being loyal to him, yet shows zero loyalty to anyone else, players included. he will process, pull schollys, put guys on back burners and drag them along, and make top 100 recruits pay their own way their first year just so nobody else could have them. Why his shtick has lasted so long is beyond me.

He puts a lot of people in the NFL, is a great coach, and has a great staff. He has been know to be an ass, but in college one that will out work and out competent most people.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Being cynical I'm more inclined to believe that Pruitt wants to win a ring of his own and to keep bammers happy in case they need a new coach soon.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I hate UT the way only a Gator living in TN can (surrounded by cream sickle scum). Although it might be a little off topic, I just want to take this opportunity to invite every one of those genetically-challenged, halfwit peckerwoods to kiss my Florida Gator a$$.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait until next October 28, when they are sitting at 2-6 with big wins against ETSU and UTEP.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

He goes through assistants like I go through undershirts. Yet, I cannot recall anyone else who washes through them like that and continues to win.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hate UT the way only a Gator living in TN can (surrounded by cream sickle scum). Although it might be a little off topic, I just want to take this opportunity to invite every one of those genetically-challenged, halfwit peckerwoods to kiss my Florida Gator a$$.

tenor.gif

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Didn’t he do the same thing to Johnny Majors?

Majors had returned from coaching a national championship team at the University of Pittsburgh to coach Tennessee his alma mater. During the middle of his last season Majors suffered a heart attack, was hospitalized, and had to take a leave of absence. Fulmer who was on Majors' staff at the time (and Fulmer was a UT alum also by the way) was appointed interim coach. But Fulmer had himself named permanent coach by UT athletic director Doug Dickey in Majors' absence. Now maybe Majors was too ill to continue as head coach, but he did later return for a second stint at Pittsburgh. There was some bad blood for a long time between Majors and Fulmer.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Just got this email from oxking:

"Listening to Bill King. A UT pundit is talking the Pruitt hire, very upset about what has been going on since he was hired. He is saying that Pruitt is spending all his time at Bama, helping Saban out with his defense and not working the Tennessee job. He wasn’t at the BBall game with all these recruits present, has only got one 3* commit and now the dead period. It is obvious this guy is very disappointed in what Pruitt has been doing so far and he thinks Fulmer is a complete flop in his negotiating skills, especially in handling the Pruitt/Bama connection. The natives are restless still.

He shows the disappointment that a lot of fans feel in the fact that Tenn had to settle for an up and comer rather than a proven commodity. He said the transition has been totally convoluted in the who process. What a dumpster fire UT has been. Hell, even worse than Florida and that is saying a lot."

Discuss.

Since Saban is so so so well known for his loyalty to his assistants, wouldn't UTn have expected this?

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Since Saban is so so so well known for his loyalty to his assistants, wouldn't UTn have expected this?

When Pruitt was signed by UT, they were expecting to sign 5 maybe 6 players by early signing day. As of today, UT has signed 11 including 5 that weren't even on their board last week....including the #1 TE JUCO player , who has signed with UT over Alabama and Texas A&M. So, I doubt Pruitt was just working for Alabama.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if amber realizes hes on global ignore and no one can see his posts? Only reason I know hes posting is b/c his avatar shows up on the thread page as being the last person to post.

You are a ghost here amber, no one sees you. :lol:

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
I wonder if amber realizes hes on global ignore and no one can see his posts? Only reason I know hes posting is b/c his avatar shows up on the thread page as being the last person to post.

You are a ghost here amber, no one sees you. :lol:

Really?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
hahaha...i just got a notification that amber quoted my post... but i cant see it, no one can... :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator