UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Gator Fever, Nov 26, 2017.

1. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,027
    Ratings:
    +7,296 / -35
    Just my ignorant curiosity, but what is Schiano's present employment status?
    What could be reason's for Schiano not taking UT to court by accepting some modest payout? =
    1) leave bad impression on his coaching resume'....?
    2) ???
    It seems the defamation damages could ring a high cash register.??
    UT students really didn't know what they were doing & UT's administration knew even less.
    Schiano was presumed guilty of a heinous behavior he probably did not commit.?
    To bad Schiano couldn't land an SEC HCship where he could play and defeat UT on GameDay Saturday.
    That would be 58 protest marchers causing 100,000 checkerboreds doldrums. :clap:

2. williston_gator

williston_gator Twitter junkie

Oxbucks:
    $906
    Ratings:
    +3,582 / -26
    @realbsikes: LOL.

3. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,027
    Ratings:
    +7,296 / -35
    As to Schiano's lawsuit vs UT, wouldn't the UT Administration be liable for defamation? They renigged on an offer, due to students marching with signs declaring Schiano was a pedophile. By that I'm ignoring the bindingness of the contract and focussing on UT seemingly agreeing with the students' unfounded serious condemnations? Couldn't a sharp (pricey$) lawyer at least scare UT into a settlement?

4. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $643
    Ratings:
    +5,015 / -259
    I thought mou's were non-binding?

5. BNAG8R

BNAG8R ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ mind, ⭐️ ⭐️ body

Oxbucks:
    $281
    Ratings:
    +2,428 / -14
    There is apparently language that says “this is a binding agreement until completion of the contract” or something to that effect

6. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $643
    Ratings:
    +5,015 / -259
    Gotcha. I doubt this goes anywhere. The fans revolted. They are 100% right. That guy is a POS.

7. BNAG8R

BNAG8R ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ mind, ⭐️ ⭐️ body

Oxbucks:
    $281
    Ratings:
    +2,428 / -14

Here is the entire MOU. It clearly has binding language, but UT is claiming that it isn’t fully binding until all parties have signed (Schiano and Currie signed, but the chancellor and the CFO had not yet signed). Nothing on the MOU says that all parties must sign, but apparently UT claims only officers can execute agreements. I’d be interested in a particular donkey’s opinion, but it seems to me that if a contract presented by UT has a signatory line at the top for the AD, then they’ve implicitly indicated he can sign on behalf of the University.

Dis gonna be good.

8. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,027
    Ratings:
    +7,296 / -35
    They might can get UT on defamation of character not involving any MOU. Certainly, UT's actions have undermined his employability = money loss in future earning power? That seems undeniable. ??$$

9. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $576
    Ratings:
    +4,398 / -95
    I've changed my mind in this outcome. This MOU isn't fully executed, therefore it's not binding.

10. amber1

amber1 Active Member

Oxbucks:
    $9
    Ratings:
    +28 / -75
    Wrong: He is fully employed now
    UT didn't undermine his employability nor defame him