UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
As for Kiffin, does he really expect to get a serious job somewhere tweeting jokes like an idiot the week of a big game for him? He obviously hasn't matured a bit from 10 years ago. He's a colossal idiot who refuses to allow anyone to take him seriously.

He burned all those bridges at UT - they will not speak to him.

Maybe, but time heals all wounds; also, desperation makes wounds seem inconsequential. ;)

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
As for Kiffin, does he really expect to get a serious job somewhere tweeting jokes like an idiot the week of a big game for him? He obviously hasn't matured a bit from 10 years ago. He's a colossal idiot who refuses to allow anyone to take him seriously.

He burned all those bridges at UT - they will not speak to him.

Dude is like Tin Cup ... but he will run out of balls before he sinks the 3 wood from 270.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping they landed Doeren. They may find a good coach in Tee when they finally run out of other candidates.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, Sumlin flew to Knoxville. Met with Boosters and UT AD and UT President for a face to face.
Before anyone else got involved the Pres leaned across and said: "I'm sorry but we were looking for someone more like that guy who coached aTm this past year." .... and so the search goes on.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

Perhaps we should all change our voicemail greetings to "Hello, if you're calling regarding the open Head Football Coach vacancy at the University of Tennessee, please leave your outrageous offer and phone number at the end of this message. I'll call you back to decline as soon as humanly possible."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Tennessee may now try and hustle to get a deal done with Kevin Sumlin who is likely to be in play for some potential vacancies.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Not sure which one I despise more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...n-tweet/ar-BBFX5kp?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Lane Kiffin showed off his savage side at the expense of his old program Wednesday, making fun of Tennessee's inability to land any of the coaching candidates it's reportedly targeted.

DP1wudoXUAAFXoc.jpg

Kiffin, now at the helm of Florida Atlantic, has been suggested as a possible candidate for the Tennessee job, but neither side has publicly expressed interest in reuniting. Kiffin and Tennessee have had a strained relationship since the former bolted the program after one season in 2009.

The Volunteers have gone through numerous candidates since firing Butch Jones, but are still looking for a new leader. The Vols reportedly backed out of an agreement with Ohio State coordinator Greg Schiano amid fan backlash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.