UTAH NIL - each player gets a new Dodge Ram 1500

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Utah football players got a massive surprise on Wednesday when all 85 scholarship players found out they were receiving leases for 2024 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Trucks. It's one of the most unique image and likeness agreements in college athletics.

The Crimson Collective gifted each player the use of a truck that retails at $61,000. That lease on the truck is renewed at six-month increments and will run through each player's time with the program. The Ken Garff Automotive Group helped secure the deal along with a group of Crimson Collective donors, though it's unclear how long the deal will extend into the future.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
So it continues to blow up. Good for the kids. At this point why not? Full blown free agency is here. The deals to out do each other will be interesting to watch. Maybe UF Collective should one up them by giving our guys F150 Raptors.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So it continues to blow up. Good for the kids. At this point why not? Full blown free agency is here. The deals to out do each other will be interesting to watch. Maybe UF Collective should one up them by giving our guys F150 Raptors.
I'd settle for uhauls for the coaching staff.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NIL will be the death of College Football.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This makes me wonder about the bar that has now been set by the Utah football program. Will every recruit being courted by Utah now ask, "Hey, do I get a new truck with that scholarship offer?" I just wonder if Utah will be up for that or is this just a one time thing?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Should be interesting to see which of the 85 realize they have to pay for taxes, gas and insurance

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All 85, some of whom haven't even played are being rewarded for the use of their name, image, and/or likeness?

Curious how that works. Are they in the commercials or something? Maybe the car dealership is like "sponsor of the utes football team, some come on down to Fuccillo Kia"

Oprah Winfrey Car GIF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
How fitting that hits only for scholarship players. The walk-ons get to, well…
Bum an easy ride to wherever they want to go and get to bang leftover co-eds.

Don't worry they also get a participation trophy and a pamphlet describing the evils of communism.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hope UF never does that.

It'll just make it easier for our GPD to watch them and give em tickets.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It probably won't be long before a high profile player can't play in the playoffs because he failed to report his NIL perks to the IRS and pay taxes on them. I'm not counting on said player being from Alabama, though, as I assume that their booster still give out money "under the table" to avoid having to report and pay taxes.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I’m sure they’ve got a group all over the tax implications of a gift that large. I’m honestly not sure there would be any. Seeing as how it’s a lease, it’s probably similar to being given a company car at any other job

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator