Utah Prediction Thread

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree we have to protect the football. No doubt. So do they. Hope we see some TOs in our favor. Could see us winning 20-17. But a win is a win. True, we could lose a close game. I would like to think if we hold them to 20 or less, we win by a lot. We scored last season enough, albeit at home and with AR, but this is staff's second season and I want to believe the Offensive scheme pieces not ready last season are.

Hoping for no injuries and that while trying to establish a tough-team identity, we play smart as well. It's interesting that the QB focus is largely on Rising but he's a known quantity, Mertz is not. Hope our QB is ready.
Mertz is a 3 year starter with over 5000 career passing yards and you say he "isn't a know quantity"........ :crazy:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF 31
Utes Guys 17

Prediction.......

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
First game with a lot of new starters. I think both teams are a little tight in the first half which might bode well for us on the road. May come down to a blocked kick or possibly a kick return, pick 6 or scoop and score....either way I think it'll be a lower scoring game something like 20-16 or so.....

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Ncaa Football Deal With It GIF by ESPN College Football

27 - 24 Gators shock the prognostication world.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I predict that I will get booted out of the chat if we lose.
Yeah well long before we get to that point, there are going to be death threats, lawsuits, broken furniture (possibly engulfed in fire), physical and emotional scarring, and emergency dental work.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hangovers on Sept. 1 like Hitler invading Poland. I do think we find a way to win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All you guys predict UF will have 4 to 6 loss seasons, yet when we have one of those losses, you act like the world is coming to an end and demand everyone get fired immediately. That chat box is an insane asylum.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'm betting on a marked improvement on Defense.
We out talent them by a pretty wide margin.
Yes, they can match up well with skill positions, especially Rising. He's a difference maker.

Also, hoping we don't run out of steam late.

It's August and I'm full of optimism and glowing practice reports.

24-21 Gators.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All you guys predict UF will have 4 to 6 loss seasons, yet when we have one of those losses, you act like the world is coming to an end and demand everyone get fired immediately. That chat box is an insane asylum.
Sounds like you're predicting a loss.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
First game with a lot of new starters. I think both teams are a little tight in the first half which might bode well for us on the road. May come down to a blocked kick or possibly a kick return, pick 6 or scoop and score....either way I think it'll be a lower scoring game something like 20-16 or so.....
I see us scoring more than 20.
Mertz is a 3 year starter with over 5000 career passing yards and you say he "isn't a know quantity"........ :crazy:
Mertz is not a known quantity at UF, nor would any QB in his first game, playing on his third team. If he were a known quantity, in a good way, there would not be so many questions. That said, I think he will be better at the basics than AR. We should be more concerned about Billy's play calling and scheme design than a QB more than capable of making 10 yard passes and basic reads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator