Utah WR spikes ball before crossing goal line

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n101636 said:
I've never seen that before. Wow.

DeShawn Jackson did it once in the Army All-Star High School game, then again his rookie season for the Eagles against the Cowboys on Monday night.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why do WR's seem to be such showboats?

It's all about "me"!

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n101636 said:
I've never seen that before. Wow.

I saw Jacquez Green do it against Vandy in the Swamp back in the 90's. I was sitting right on the goal line and he dropped it before he crossed, luckily there was no replay back then.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n101647 said:
DeShawn Jackson did it once in the Army All-Star High School game, then again his rookie season for the Eagles against the Cowboys on Monday night.

Jackson took a step further up the idiot ladder by diving from the 6 and landing well short of the endzone. At this point, I have a hard time even blaming the players. This isn't some new phenomenon. It's been a problem for a while, and somehow coaches haven't been able to curb it. Excessive celebration, showing passion, losing your cool in the heat of battle--all understandable. But for a player(especially on offense) to feel the need to drop the football the millisecond he crosses the goal line, disregarding the potential damages to his team, just because, is grounds for benching. Do that, and we probably won't be having this conversation again in a few years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n101967 said:
Jackson took a step further up the idiot ladder by diving from the 6 and landing well short of the endzone. At this point, I have a hard time even blaming the players. This isn't some new phenomenon. It's been a problem for a while, and somehow coaches haven't been able to curb it. Excessive celebration, showing passion, losing your cool in the heat of battle--all understandable. But for a player(especially on offense) to feel the need to drop the football the millisecond he crosses the goal line, disregarding the potential damages to his team, just because, is grounds for benching. Do that, and we probably won't be having this conversation again in a few years.

If I remember right during the Army Allstar game didn't he attempt to do a cartwheel into the endzone?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n101984 said:
If I remember right during the Army Allstar game didn't he attempt to do a cartwheel into the endzone?

It was like half flip, half cartwheel. Full douche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.