Verne Lundquist's last CFB game

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
As the saying goes, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
haters gotta hate. He started college football games like me. Selling stuff and sitting end the endzone to see the games

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member

Here's a young Verne Lundquist getting that look of "Geez, why do I have to put up with this shytte" from Bear Bryant.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Verne wasn't bad, was consistent at least as he announced, bumbling his way thru names and which team has the ball. Danielson is more annoying passing judgement on every situation on the field, some of them clearly wrong. We'll still have to put up with him for gawd knows how long.

GatorInKnox

The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Danielson is more annoying passing judgement on every situation on the field, some of them clearly wrong. We'll still have to put up with him for gawd knows how long.
His voice can be annoying and I can see where he could come across as pretentious but he's one of the few left that actually knows what he's talking about.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Danielson is always the pain in the ass to whichever team has a terrible coach and is doing dumb things. We loved him when CUM was here, but we hate him now, of course.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
cheers-barmetrix.jpg

You know you're getting old when parts of your youth retire... to a degree, his voice in the background was part of the game.

Double Gator Dad

Lifetime Member
haters gotta hate. He started college football games like me. Selling stuff and sitting end the endzone to see the games

Me too. I sold Cokes at Florida Field in the late sixties. We watched most of the fourth quarter of each game sitting in the endzone

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Me too. I sold Cokes at Florida Field in the late sixties. We watched most of the fourth quarter of each game sitting in the endzone
I was lucky. My neighbor's dad worked in Tigert as an auditor. We got a concession to sell sucker bait (hats, pens pennants etc) outside and got 20% of the sales. We also had employees tix to go in and out,. So we sold before the game outside and then went in to see the game in the south endzone. Our stand was on that small triangle by the redlight at the southwest corner of the stadium. Was there for years,.........

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
I liked Verne. Compared to most of the idiots calling college football games today, he was always ok even if he was goofy. Luckily I also like Brad Nessler. I wish somebody would shove Danielson out of the press box and over the ledge....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.