Victor Wembanyama is unstoppable

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Him going into the paint, in today's soft-D, is like me bragging about attending a yoga class at our local university. While I'm sure it's no fun to do yoga, it'd be damn pleasurable to be doing so among those class participants.
yoga GIF

And side note, even though the above scenario is purely hypothetical, I can in fact touch my toes but it's only if I sit down and lift my leg up. "Limber" is not in my realm of possibility. If I ever did attend a yoga class, it'd be like this...
Yoga Cool Down GIF by Peloton
What time is the class?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When/if this Victor kid gets two rings with the Spurs, we can officially put Matt Bonner on the clock of being passed up. Until then, he’s a poor man’s Declercq with an even weirder last name. Nothing more.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of attempts being made to discredit this guy, but all he is is the most skilled big man I've seen. He's Ralph Sampson tall, agile, can score off the dribble, nail the outside J, make the no-look pass and wreak havoc on the defensive end. He even makes opposite-hand layups. I mean, what CAN'T he do?

Sure, no one is playing D anymore, but if they were he'd be making a living at the foul line. If he stays healthy, he'll rewrite the record books.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of attempts being made to discredit this guy, but all he is is the most skilled big man I've seen. He's Ralph Sampson tall, agile, can score off the dribble, nail the outside J, make the no-look pass and wreak havoc on the defensive end. He even makes opposite-hand layups. I mean, what CAN'T he do?

Sure, no one is playing D anymore, but if they were he'd be making a living at the foul line. If he stays healthy, he'll rewrite the record books.
You just made our point when you mentioned Ralph Sampson. He WAS this guy in the 80's, and got run out the league on a rail.

As far as the "record books", nobody gives a **** about the records in the post-Jordan NBA.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You just made our point when you mentioned Ralph Sampson. He WAS this guy in the 80's, and got run out the league on a rail.

As far as the "record books", nobody give a **** about the records in the post-Jordan NBA.

Yes, I did mention Sampson. He's a convenient 7-foot-4 ruler.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
When/if this Victor kid gets two rings with the Spurs, we can officially put Matt Bonner on the clock of being passed up. Until then, he’s a poor man’s Declercq with an even weirder last name. Nothing more.
racist comedy central GIF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1708132760699.gif

1708132882842.gif

…and Shawn Kemp says “Good luck breaking MY record!”

:lol:

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You're comparing a 19-20 year old kid to incredible traditional centers as grown ass men. Yes, Wemby is a stick figure and yes basketball is totally a different sport then it was when those dudes were playing. I agree that they would bully him on the defensive end. But let's compare Wemby to these guys in 5-6 years. I think the traditional center would have a hard time guarding him. He handles like a PG and is really quick. The only center I think that would have shut him down is The Dream. For whatever reason, Olajuwon continues to be overlooked. He abused other great centers like David Robinson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator