Visitor Seating - Time To Change It

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know that the SEC requires putting a certain amount of opposing fans behind their bench between the 30 yard lines. Fine. Then it is about time to stick the rest of them up in the sunshine seats, if there are any seats left for our fans, then our fans get the lowest rows. Put them there where they have little influence on the game and you can't hear them and can't see them on television. The optics of visiting fans being front and center on television in the Swamp sucks. Give our season ticket holders in the sunshine seats first chance to move seats starting next season. Let the visitors sweat their asses off and fry up there. Let's improve our already great home field advantage.

Precedent you ask? Look where Bammer puts the opposition. The top half of both of their end zone upper decks.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
The visiting fans are also right on the goal line, where we should have our fans making noise during goal line stands.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
The visiting fans are also right on the goal line, where we should have our fans making noise during goal line stands.

Funny thing about this is two of our biggest goal line stands the last two season have been in that endzone…just my two cents. It is interesting how few opponents bring bands anymore.

Also, what Bama does is messed up. Been in those upper decks for a 2:30 central kick

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know that the SEC requires putting a certain amount of opposing fans behind their bench between the 30 yard lines. Fine. Then it is about time to stick the rest of them up in the sunshine seats, if there are any seats left for our fans, then our fans get the lowest rows. Put them there where they have little influence on the game and you can't hear them and can't see them on television. The optics of visiting fans being front and center on television in the Swamp sucks. Give our season ticket holders in the sunshine seats first chance to move seats starting next season. Let the visitors sweat their asses off and fry up there. Let's improve our already great home field advantage.

Precedent you ask? Look where Bammer puts the opposition. The top half of both of their end zone upper decks.

UF put many of the visiting fans seats at midfield behind the visiting team many years ago in response to several ugly incidents that occurred with our fans and the opposing bench.

I don’t have a problem with placing the visiting fans behind the bench but the other night it looked like the Utah section stretched 20 rows or more when 6-7 would have solved the problem. I didn’t like the look either and we always seem to overdue things like this. Anyone remember the jail bars Fooley put up in the O’Dome before the renovation?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Not that I think it will matter but the ticket office sent me an email asking for opinion on improving the fan experience so I played off this thread and suggested moving the opposing fans out of the lower bowl to the extent possible and filling that area with Gators orange and blue. I mentioned the visual impact and also the advantage of more Gator noise and less vocal opponent's.

I also said old guys like me aren't great fans of the digital tickets since cell/ internet service is so spotty when 90K people are all jamming on their devices so a good old fashioned ticket would be nice.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Bama isn't taking their band to the game this weekend in Texas because UT wanted to put them up in the nose-bleed seats. Fine. I have no problem with that. But if I am in charge of seating the opposing team's bands at Tuscaloosa, the next time Texas comes to town I'd put them in the very top row all the way around the stadium or for as many seats as they would need for their band/flags/majorettes/dance team. And I wouldn't tell them where they would sit until they got to the stadium for the game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.