Vol confusion

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Not only were vols confused by trask passing, there were mystified by this ringing devise on the sideline. Presumably an alarm?

upload_2019-9-21_19-33-1.jpeg

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Up in Tennessee they still use two cans and a string.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I saw that when it happened. Was wondering if someone would pick up on it.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Somebody please explain why a land line ma bell touchtone would be on any sideline in 2019. Please I have to know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody please explain why a land line ma bell touchtone would be on any sideline in 2019. Please I have to know.
jeremy-foley-will-muschamp-fsujpg-c5e29139356cfc28.jpg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Phone a friend?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Its a dedicated phone line between the sideline and the box where their coaches sit. I imagine there are a few different ones so the O and D have separate lines. Instead of having to install an elaborate network that involves a PBX or CM, they can just run a copper wire between the phones and plug in power. As long as the headsets stay on the cradle voltage is kept from completing the circuit and the ringer isn't isolated off the circuit. As soon as one of the handsets is taken off the cradle, voltage is then allowed to flow through the copper to the other phone's ringer and it rings.

There is no reason at all to do anything other than what is in the photo. I am sure just about every single stadium has the same set up. It would be a waste of time and $ to do otherwise. KISS.

This is probably more the UT player couldn't tell if it was ringing or not so he put his ear closer.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Its a dedicated phone line between the sideline and the box where their coaches sit. I imagine there are a few different ones so the O and D have separate lines. Instead of having to install an elaborate network that involves a PBX or CM, they can just run a copper wire between the phones and plug in power. As long as the headsets stay on the cradle voltage is kept from completing the circuit and the ringer isn't isolated off the circuit. As soon as one of the handsets is taken off the cradle, voltage is then allowed to flow through the copper to the other phone's ringer and it rings.

There is no reason at all to do anything other than what is in the photo. I am sure just about every single stadium has the same set up. It would be a waste of time and $ to do otherwise. KISS.

This is probably more the UT player couldn't tell if it was ringing or not so he put his ear closer.
Yeah I'm fairly certain every (major) stadium has landlines to the sideline. It ensures that the coaches can still communicate from the box if the wireless headsets go down.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
But I am all for making fun of volunteers ... its just my ocd makes me do and say things I prolly should just let go ...

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
A Vol finally got hold of a wireless phone but he couldn't figure out how his wife knew where he was every time she called him.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
But I am all for making fun of volunteers ... its just my ocd makes me do and say things I prolly should just let go ...

Admitting the problem is the first step toward a cure. This follow up post recognizing the rich gift of UT ridicule inherent in this incident says there is still hope for you yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.