VolNation: Root for Gators this weekend

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm no legal expert, but I have to wonder whether this crosses the line into "with cause."

He may have given false info to media, but he did not give false info to University, so would be hard to say this is cause.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He may have given false info to media, but he did not give false info to University, so would be hard to say this is cause.

So you don't think failing to report a threat to a student athlete's life constitutes cause?:crazy:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
One thing is for sure, you cannot walk back what he said. Either he is a liar or he is/has put people's lives in jeopardy by failing to report this to anybody other than during a press conference and then refuse to provide details to the university. Whether he did it intentionally or not (I don't think he's smart enough) he just paved his own road out of here. My guess is the administration waits until after we get blown out by UGA to announce it, using the whole "we felt we needed to make a change" line.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So you don't think failing to report a threat to a student athlete's life constitutes cause?:crazy:
Ok. Point is if it really did not happen, he only lied to Media. if it did happen, and he failed to report, then of course it’s cause. But Im guessing it really did not happen.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
fat-cat-businessman-cartoon-character-daily-sketch-coghill.jpg

Mac, "who says pretending doesn't pay"

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
That place will rot you brain, you need to limit your exposure to it.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Lying to the media at a press conference puts the University in a very bad light. His job is to represent the University. He deserves to be fired. Whether he has violated the terms of his contract is arguable. My feeling is this a golden opportunity to fire Mac and let Mac sue. Mac would surely settle for 50% of what he is owed in order not to risk losing everything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Time will tell. I don’t think they’re going to do a damn thing about it this year.
It really doesnt get significantly less expensive next year either thanks to the extension. it only drops from like 12.5 million to like 10 million.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Point is if it really did not happen, he only lied to Media. if it did happen, and he failed to report, then of course it’s cause. But Im guessing it really did not happen.

So if he gets in front of the media tomorrow and proclaims he won the Medal of Honor from service in Iraq, everything is okay?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Being an unproductive employee does. If you are selling stocks or making widgets and you are 105th, you can be fired with cause.

That makes no sense.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So if he gets in front of the media tomorrow and proclaims he won the Medal of Honor from service in Iraq, everything is okay?

No its not ok, but (unless there is a law against dishonesty when it comes to military service) not sure he can be fired “for cause” allowing the University to not pay him out. Looking at this strictly legally, and how they can get out of paying him, not what is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.