7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
butch-jones-senior-high-school-picture.jpeg

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
VolNation is comedy gold today. They have a poll asking if Florida is a "must win". :lol:

I am so glad that we are out of the coach-in-the-hot-seat situation. We can break off the rear view mirror on that one.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n277828 said:
Dobbs finished 13-31 125 yards. You stuff the run vs. UT and you can win.

Yep. If I remember correctly we have out rushed UT in every win against them. Or at least the very large majority against them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, Butch Jones and Derek Dooley have exactly the same record after 27 games. :lol2:

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
While its fun to think about the UT beatdown in the swamp, let's not overlook KY. They beat USCe on the road yesterday, and we have a whole lot of improvement to make in a week to win up there. :nono:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n277640 said:
Funny story.
The Music City Gator Club meets is a restaurant room that has a small bar at the far end. 15 televisions in the room, and 14 have UF/ECU and there is 1 showing UT/OU for the two UT fans sitting at the bar. (The main room had the UT game on a big screen full of UT fans - which is where these guys should have been. They were just being dicks). Well when OU scored the first field goal, a couple of Gators clapped, and it pissed off the UT fans, who started cheering loudly for ECU after that.

Mistake.

The 50-strong Gator contingent all of a sudden became loud, obnoxious OU fans, and as the comeback progressed, got louder and more obnoxious. The 2 sat there just fuming, but they weren't going to be "run off" so they just sat there through the humiliation - Gator fans cheering louder and louder at each OU score. It was hilarious. When OU picked off the final play, the whole place jumped up and started BOOMER - SOONER chant. The UT guys wouldn't move, and wouldn't make eye contact. When we moved our attention back to the UF game, they took the first chance we were distracted to slink out. It was awesome.
I love a feel-good story. Thanks for sharing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n277860 said:
VolNation is comedy gold today. They have a poll asking if Florida is a "must win". :lol:
I said long before the season it is. How do you keep the guy who is 1-17 and who never managed to beat Dawgchump if he also can't beat Mac once while we are in the depths of a rebuild job with freshmen starting on the OL?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n277857 said:
Check out the front page of their forum. Comedy gold. :lol:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/

But damn do I wish I had their traffic. I could quit my job.

Love it, some excerpts:

8-4 is till obtainable. ( I thought these asshats were talking 10 wins, book it )
I think Tennessee Football is dead.
This fan base makes me sick. (they do everybody)

Epic gold

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n277860 said:

I am so glad that we are out of the coach-in-the-hot-seat situation. We can break off the rear view mirror on that one.

For them, absolutely. Love it. All the pressure is on UT.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The best...

Hell after reading his post I'm willing to bet he's still drunk. I bet he would have blown Clinically Dead at a DUI checkpoint that night.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man, you want a good laugh. Browse a few of these threads:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/

Disgusted
I love how 17 points
Learning how to win
I am absolutely sick
2006 Florida all over again
The coach isnt the problem
Josh Dobbs overrated
Poll: Your support of Jones as of Today

it goes on, and on, and on

(Sorry ox, didnt realize you basically posted the exact same thing)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kinda surprised by this stat... but 17 points is the biggest UT lead blown at Neyland, ever.

Gold:
Jesus dude, just stop. The fact is that no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, ever lost as badly as Jones did in 2013 vs Oregon...ever, since 1891. And now, no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, has ever blown a 17 point lead in Neyland Stadium...ever, since 1891. And now one coach owns both those records...Lyle Allen "Butch" Jones. You can speculate all you want, make any excuse that you want, but dems be the facts

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n277869 said:
While its fun to think about the UT beatdown in the swamp, let's not overlook KY. They beat USCe on the road yesterday, and we have a whole lot of improvement to make in a week to win up there. :nono:
This forum can overlook KY all we want

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.