Vols Lose Third to Season Ending Injury

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I dont know how serious the injuries are up there but UT is going to be much improved if that QB stays healthy. They have a winner there. Real happy the game is in Gville for Macs first year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
philfulmer-1.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
stephenPE;n264396 said:
I dont know how serious the injuries are up there but UT is going to be much improved if that QB stays healthy. They have a winner there. Real happy the game is in Gville for Macs first year.

Dobbs is above average but nothing special. He certainly isn't good enough to overcome his head coach.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if North is going to be able to play in the Swamp on the 26th. He's one of their best weapons and his absence would be a big factor.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
stephenPE;n264396 said:

UT QB's have a habit of laying an egg against Florida. Peyton Manning never won against UF. That said, anytime a player has 466 yards, and it's not against a paid scrub, you need to take notice. It willl be interesting to see how Dobbs performs against Oklahoma. If he does well against them, he might be someone to worry about. Watching Clemson destroy Oklahoma with their backup quarterback may be a sign that Oklahoma is not going to be very good this year. But Stoops, despite the recent criticism, is a pretty good coach. But nepotism, which has helped screw up many a sports program, may be his downfall. Oklahoma's secondary is atrocious with Stoop's brother coaching them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n264467 said:
I wonder if North is going to be able to play in the Swamp on the 26th. He's one of their best weapons and his absence would be a big factor.
It would be a loss for them but vh3 crosses him out. Especially if he's rusty and banged up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n264396 said:

:crazy: Yeah, he looked great in November against directional schools and Candy, like the Voles always do.

:jerkit:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n264500 said:
:crazy: Yeah, he looked great in November against directional schools and Candy, like the Voles always do.

Actually they even struggled with candy last year.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n264495 said:
It would be a loss for them but vh3 crosses him out. Especially if he's rusty and banged up.
I agree. But without a healthy North, VH3 crosses out the next guy on the list, further limiting they're offense.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
stephenPE;n264396 said:
Not influenced by the fact that he is majoring in engineering, are you?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n264500 said:

I still can't figure out how all these people are so enamored with Butch and his band of 7-6ers. They beat absolutely no one last year. Just so happened their schedule was full of cream puffs and teams on the decline at the end of the year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n264554 said:
I still can't figure out how all these people are so enamored with Butch and his band of 7-6ers. They beat absolutely no one last year. Just so happened their schedule was full of cream puffs and teams on the decline at the end of the year.

Yeah, MJM the hype is way over the top here. Many are hanging their hat on the win vs. OBC & USCe last year. They feel that this was the turning point for them. A few and I mean a few are not so convinced at this point. I remind them that WM damn near beat USCe if it had not been for stupidity. It's the same mentality that VOL fans have had since Johnny Majors was there. Fulmer coached interim games and beat SOS and they felt PhatPhil was the savior, we all know how that worked out. There is absolutely nothing that points to this team producing with the hype they're being given. They lose to OU, season is in jeopardy. Lose to UF, and its over. For a fan base with so much hype that is exactly what they're saying. So it's more that they're trying to convince/will themselves to it. My opinion is if you couldn't beat UF last year with WM and at home.....no indication that you'll do it this year vs. UF's D, offensive upgrade, and in the Swamp.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
t-gator;n264501 said:
Actually they even struggled with candy last year.

I would not put much stock in that. It was a rivalry game, and rivalry games are usually close even if one team is a much better team. Dobbs having 466 yards total offense against South Carolina, not a directional school, is something real. I'm not proclaiming that Tennessee is going to win in Gainesville this year, but to discount the possibility that they might have a good quarterback is wrong. When is the last time UF had a quarterback produce 466 yards of offense? It is another example of why "stars" are misleading. Justin Worley was the Gatorade National Player of the Year and was a mediocre player who went undrafted.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n264623 said:
I would not put much stock in that. It was a rivalry game, and rivalry games are usually close even if one team is a much better team. Dobbs having 466 yards total offense against South Carolina, not a directional school, is something real. I'm not proclaiming that Tennessee is going to win in Gainesville this year, but to discount the possibility that they might have a good quarterback is wrong. When is the last time UF had a quarterback produce 466 yards of offense? It is another example of why "stars" are misleading. Justin Worley was the Gatorade National Player of the Year and was a mediocre player who went undrafted.

South Carolina couldn't stop air last year. I wouldn't get all wet over hanging some yards on the worst defense SOS has ever had in his coaching career, but then again I'm not a clown.

Dec 10, 2014
These are some pretty non-essential players being injured. Depth is important, but the guys injured aren't going to affect their product

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n264623 said:

Neither defense could stop the other. UF dang near beat them as well. Dobbs going up against a poor USCe defense is not a good indication that he's all world either. And USC/UT a rivalry???? That's more about Spurrier vs. UT than anything else.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n264500 said:

I saw him against bama and was impressed. Time will tell. He looked like a gamer to me.

Not influenced by the fact that he is majoring in engineering, are you?
More impressed now. I hope I am wrong about UT.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n264664 said:
These are some pretty non-essential players being injured. Depth is important, but the guys injured aren't going to affect their product
They've lost they're best offensive lineman, the nickel starter, and the guard that backs up the one that got hurt. Along with Marquez North be banged up, that's pretty serious.

Dec 10, 2014
Gatorphan;n264694 said:
They've lost they're best offensive lineman, the nickel starter, and the guard that backs up the one that got hurt. Along with Marquez North be banged up, that's pretty serious.

I'm not going to pretend to know ut's roster, but I doubt any coach or fan would contend that a redshirt senior is their best olineman. A nickle "starter" is a nice way to say back up corner or safety. The other olinemen was literally just depth for them.

Injuries are never good. But as injuries go imo, these are negligible for their team. North would be a blow, but he's coming back in a week I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.