Was UF Meyers side chick?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is really no different than Paul is dead. No apostrophe after Meyer's name in the title to indicate possessive must mean Meyer was the side chick. I mean, who would argue Meyer wasn't a side chick?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
From 2008:
On Wednesday, Meyer told a Florida radio show that Notre Dame is "still my dream job; that hasn't changed."
Well, if that's the case, he can take it now. However, I think that it was more his mom's dream job than his. After all, he is named after a pope. I do remember him saying it though.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is the cold dead past!

Get over it...

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Chuck, in all seriousness, if you are engaging in an extramarital affair, this could be very destructive to your life. You need to come clean...with us. I'm certain if you use this forum to seek help, many of your friends here will be able to give you sound advice on how to navigate these troubling waters. And let me say I think I speak for all of us when I tell you that you can trust that it will not go beyond the four walls of this message board. You'll need to provide photos, of course, as a first step toward confronting your actions and facing reality. And I'm sure, given a fair amount of specifics and details of your encounters, the folks here will be able to give you the proper advice that you need at this time. We are all ears and eyes, Chuck, and we are here for you. Let's have it.
No I'm not...:) but I have dangled two chicks at the same time and then settled

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think something that has helped him is that he is so far from Florida. The recruits don't hear all the OSU stories like they did at UF. So I think it's easier to recruit FL for him now. He built the contacts and has those now.

His downfall at UF was his recruiting went downhill. How many classes retained more than 2/3s thru their Jr yr?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Meyer just represents the corporate world of college football coaches, moving to the next best opportunity until he finds the one he really wants and never looking back at any destruction in his wake. Three years at Bowling Green, 3 more at Utah, 6 at UF. Not sure how BG has done since Meyer, but Utah has done pretty well. And we all know about the nose dive at UF. Nobody can say how long he will be at Ohio State, but barring Notre Dame, I believe this will be his final stop. OSU was his objective all along IMO.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No. Meyer is a program destroyer. He will soon move on to UND and Ohio State will have a period like UF had right after him.

I know what you're saying. Sometimes when I think of Urban, (I still call him "Urban") I don't feel like doing anything but curling up on the couch with a pint of ice cream, my Snuggie, and an old Meg Ryan movie on the television.

And sometimes I just start crying and I don't know why.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see any need for a "deep deviousness" angle to the Urban Meyer story. it's coherent and credible without it:

- he brought in tremendous talent
- but he knew in his heart and stomach that the team culture was caustic, poisonous, and not sustainable. He probably had horrible suspicions about Hernandez. He didn't have any idea how to change or control the team's direction, and it et-him-up. (That his health problems were primarily stress-related doesn't make them any less real.)
- so he backed out
- and found that coaching was something he couldn't give up, it was part of his DNA.
- by the purest of luck for him, OSU unexpectedly opened up.
- So he left and made a new beginning for himself.
- and has (apparently/presumably) learned how to do some things differently, in terms of the culture of his team, and how he manages his own intensity.

For our part, Gator Nation got two national championships in 6 years, and one Heisman winner. Or two national championships in 20 years, if that's how long it takes us to get back to the very top of the game. Besides Alabama, has any other school won the national title in football more than twice in the most recent 20 years?

I see no cause for bitterness on the part of Gator fans. It was a short era, but glorious while it lasted. Nothing lasts forever. Not Spurrier, not Saban, not even Vince Lombardi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.