Watching the replay of the 2006 BCS championship game

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Just some personal observations (at least from first half). Feel free to comment or add your thoughts

- That opening kickoff was short term devastation (funny hearing the announcers discuss 51 day break)
- I wonder what would've happened if Ginn wasn't hurt (likely similar result b/c our offense was unstoppable)
- Leak started out 9-9 for 99 yds. Troy Smith (Heisman winner) 2-8 for 24 yds
- Our offense looks so revolutionary (mix of option, screen, downfield, I form, etc)
- Hetland nailing two 40yd FGs after making four total all year
- Tebow played decent (besides 1 nice run and the TD pass)
- Turning point was when Tressel went for it with 2 minutes left on his own 30 (I admit I forgot this). We stopped them, scored TD, and that was the turning point for the entire game.

Shaerona

Founding Member
She who must be obeyed
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I had forgotten about that Tressel decision as well.

Shaerona

Founding Member
She who must be obeyed
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
You got that right about the announcer bias! I remember watching this the first time how nauseating the buckeye love was.

Shaerona

Founding Member
She who must be obeyed
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny to watch this and realize that this was TImmy's first time on the national stage.

Shaerona

Founding Member
She who must be obeyed
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I have to get going, but the Oklahoma game/loss is on at 5 FYI

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm scared to watch. I heard we are going to get blown out and Osux and Meechigan are clearly the best two teams in the country.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Every time I watch that kickoff return I see the guy hold Reggie Nelson who had a shot at making the play early

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Feels like 20 years ago, my how far we have fallen

Shaerona

Founding Member
She who must be obeyed
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
you might want to take a peek...troy smith just got sacked for the fifth time and we're up 41-14. I think we might pull it off :)

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
Every time I watch that kickoff return I see the guy hold Reggie Nelson who had a shot at making the play early
Yep. Maybe he wouldn't have gotten to Ginn, we'll never now. ...and it was a fairly obvious penalty either way.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have had to tell at least a 100 OSU fans over the years the Ginn wouldn't have made a lick of difference. Troy Smith was shell shocked in that game. He never would have had time to get him the ball.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
As far as Ginn making a difference I note his sterling NFL career. In addition it appeared that OSU had never scored a TD on a return and celebrated so much that their best receiver was injured.

Now since OSU only runs zone defense it makes is basically easy to watch the keys and attack the defense, especially if your receivers are very fast.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n30665 said:
I have had to tell at least a 100 OSU fans over the years the Ginn wouldn't have made a lick of difference. Troy Smith was shell shocked in that game. He never would have had time to get him the ball.

This Ginn dude, did he play safety? They really needed some safeties and corners.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;9kSt4sYfDfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSt4sYfDfE[/video]

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Troy Smith threw for 35 yards. 35. Yes, 35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.