URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp said:
URGatorBait;n27808 said:
Well, let's have the discussion Ox. 8 wins and he stays, and Law will be more obnoxious than ever!

Hate to admit it but I agree, 8 wins and I think he stays, and laws gonna law. :rolleyes3:
:exactly:

N

Navygator07

Founding Member
Founding Member
oxrageous;n27805 said:
:suicide:

Or how about, "How many wins does Muschamp have to have to keep his job?"

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Yeah, I'm going with at least 9 wins on this one, and he has to beat UGA. He can't drop another game to them.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
graphics-popeye-047265.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe some of you guys took this thread and turned it into one of the things we've argued over atleast once a week over this whole off season

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n27800 said:
Well, I finally found you guys on this board by noticing in someones comments on another board, to go check this place out for the real scoop...or something like that. Was on GSMB for a while, did not post alot but followed everything being said quite a bit. Like DC, I went to the Thur and Friday open practices and his play-by-play was rt on. Do not listen to what is coming out of the gville sun and alot on Gatorsports. They are over embellishing alot of things to make news. They tried to make it out like all 3 qbs were running neck and neck and that is just one of many false statements that has been said to try and generate news and a mythical hot topic. Like DC has said, JD is the Clear front runner, with Grier beginning to distance for no. 2... SM has not been sharp with most passes and TH is still lost rt now. Aside from the writers trying to deceive the masses, the team looks good and they look hungry. I think we will be in Atlanta, and if not maybe just one game shy of it. If we can pull off the upset in elephantville, we will have a great come back story... Go Gators!

Good post. I'm no coach and don't profess to know more than anyone else, but from what I saw of three open practices, there is no battle for the #2 qb spot, it's Grier. A lot can change, Grier could hit a wall, injuries, etc, but the best two passers are Driskel then Grier, period.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
URGatorBait;n27803 said:
I feel like we could wait a couple more months and discuss again the qualifications of one William Muschamp as it relates to his job status. :thumbup:
:suicide:

Or how about, "How many wins does Muschamp have to have to keep his job?"

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:
An honest, unbiased assessment of this team tells me that they are deep and talented at every position except o-line. And even there, they have at least 6 guys who are SEC-level starters. Even Muschamp himself said that this was the most talented team he has had in his four years at UF. Given that, I think he will have a tough time explaining less than 9 wins.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
you sound like all my girlfriends. I wasn't trying to steal your emote, OI was trying to paste it in the shatbox but it didn't work

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty much what everyone says, TG at 24/7 has a thread up where he flat out states that no way can Grier redshirt because the gap is so great. Hey DC when we gonna get more reports from your cub reporter, he beat everyone with the news that VHIII was going to be fine. :D

In All Kinds Of Weather

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Pretty much what everyone says, TG at 24/7 has a thread up where he flat out states that no way can Grier redshirt because the gap is so great. Hey DC when we gonna get more reports from your cub reporter, he beat everyone with the news that VHIII was going to be fine. :D
:dance: :dance2: :yes:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier will be 20 next b'day. He is ready to be the back up, and actually outplayed JD in the spring game IMO. He is the only thing that gives me hope cause of JDs turnover and injury magnets.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002 said:
Well, I finally found you guys on this board by noticing in someones comments on another board, to go check this place out for the real scoop...or something like that. Was on GSMB for a while, did not post alot but followed everything being said quite a bit. Like DC, I went to the Thur and Friday open practices and his play-by-play was rt on. Do not listen to what is coming out of the gville sun and alot on Gatorsports. They are over embellishing alot of things to make news. They tried to make it out like all 3 qbs were running neck and neck and that is just one of many false statements that has been said to try and generate news and a mythical hot topic. Like DC has said, JD is the Clear front runner, with Grier beginning to distance for no. 2... SM has not been sharp with most passes and TH is still lost rt now. Aside from the writers trying to deceive the masses, the team looks good and they look hungry. I think we will be in Atlanta, and if not maybe just one game shy of it. If we can pull off the upset in elephantville, we will have a great come back story... Go Gators!
Welcome to GatorChatter and nice post!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Yes he did, broke the biggest news of the season so far. And he got two sources; Driskel and then Tabor, both of whom assured him VH3 was okay. So the next time Dooley or any other bigshot reporter whines about access being limited, just remind them that a 16 year-old young man was able to gain quick insight simply by determination and courage. :)

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding Grier, I can see where the coaches want the competition to go on longer, and for Grier and the others to keep working. Barring something unpredictable happening, Grier has to be the option if Driskel goes down. Ideally, it would be great if Morningwood could get his stuff together enough that Grier could redshirt.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n27824 said:
I can't believe some of you guys took this thread and turned it into one of the things we've argued over atleast once a week over this whole off season

Well, Ox did say discuss.. :lmao:

DC:n27842 said:

#12.1

The Original DC commented
[COLOR=#366092 !important]Today, 01:44 PM[/COLOR]

An honest, unbiased assessment of this team tells me that they are deep and talented at every position except o-line. And even there, they have at least 6 guys who are SEC-level starters. Even Muschamp himself said that this was the most talented team he has had in his four years at UF. Given that, I think he will have a tough time explaining less than 9 wins.

This, we are deepest at most positions since he's been here, Anything less than 9 wins shows he's good at being a Defensive Coordinator but doesn't have, as he call it, "the it factor" to be a Head Coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002 said:
Welcome aboard and please buckle your seatbelt. The flight will be rough for the next two months.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Well if our first string QB does not get hurt he could RS. I think you can have a very limited work in a game without burning his RS.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
well DC insight, determination and courage are three things I've never really used to describe Dooley or Andreau LOL. And no Alex if they play at all they burn their redshirt. The only way to get one back is to medical, and supposedly you need Dr's verification , unless you're bama of course.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002 said:
Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.