Wednesday Worsts…. Roommate or Co-worker experiences

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I had a co-worker who was crazy af.

He was a typical Army knucklehead who always thinks everything is about him.

I’m just tryna do my job, you know. For no discernible reason at all, dude starts telling everyone at work that I’m crazy., telling my boss, telling my co-workers, doing everything he can to get me fired.

I’m like WTF dude. I tried to keep it professional. There’s a Popeyes right across the street from work, we all go there all the time. I see him at the table right behind me. I wanna be polite and say hi, but I know if I do his crazy ass will accuse me of assault or something. I figure I’ll play it safe and just ignore him. So of course when he sees me eating my chicken sandwich like a normal person he accuses me of stalking him! I can’t win with this psycho!

Honestly, I think he’s out of his mind. He’s got a list; I’ve heard him muttering the names “tater” and “fooley” and “let’s go brandon” under his breath.

:lol:

Alex.
i had no idea you were a minority female, or that you mistook salt water grill for popeyes chicken. :lol:

you still owe me 500 bucks for car repair by the way, and take down those stupid fake facebook profiles, *******!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Senior year at UF, 2nd year in a row with the same room mate in a 2 bedroom at Oxford Manor. I worked that summer, so I saved enough money to pay all my rent for the year. I asked him if it would be ok if I just paid 6 months in advance now, and he pays the last 6 months. I trusted him as we lived together the previous year. His parents paid his rent so he didnt care. So I write 1 check and I dont have to think about rent for 12 months.

About 1 month or so into our senior year, his girlfriend breaks up with him. He has a nervous breakdown, "attempts" suicide, withdraws from UF, and goes home. I am so fuched. He also doesnt take a single thing from his room.

I call his parents and they ask me to sublet his room. I tell them that THEY can sublet his room, but that is not my problem. You signed the lease, you better not screw me on rent. Of course they never attempt to sublet. The 1st day of the 7 month rolls around, no rent is paid. I go into his room and start selling his engineering books. Rinse and repeat every month. His parents did pay rent every month, but always like a week late. By the time it was time to move out, I sold nearly everything of his. He calls during the last week and tells me he is coming down to get all his stuff. I moved out that night :lol: This was before cell phones, so he had no idea where to find me. I would loved to have seen his face as walked into a 100% empty apartment and wondering where all his shiit went.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Senior year at UF, 2nd year in a row with the same room mate in a 2 bedroom at Oxford Manor. I worked that summer, so I saved enough money to pay all my rent for the year. I asked him if it would be ok if I just paid 6 months in advance now, and he pays the last 6 months. I trusted him as we lived together the previous year. His parents paid his rent so he didnt care. So I write 1 check and I dont have to think about rent for 12 months.

About 1 month or so into our senior year, his girlfriend breaks up with him. He has a nervous breakdown, "attempts" suicide, withdraws from UF, and goes home. I am so fuched. He also doesnt take a single thing from his room.

I call his parents and they ask me to sublet his room. I tell them that THEY can sublet his room, but that is not my problem. You signed the lease, you better not screw me on rent. Of course they never attempt to sublet. The 1st day of the 7 month rolls around, no rent is paid. I go into his room and start selling his engineering books. Rinse and repeat every month. His parents did pay rent every month, but always like a week late. By the time it was time to move out, I sold nearly everything of his. He calls during the last week and tells me he is coming down to get all his stuff. I moved out that night :lol: This was before cell phones, so he had no idea where to find me. I would loved to have seen his face as walked into a 100% empty apartment and wondering where all his shiit went.
So again, you are saying you are the worst roommate in this scenario. Amirite?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Funny, not funny. Well, sort of.

Son wants to get a 5 bedroom place next year with some good friends. I’m hoping it works out for the best and a few don’t get left paying rent for all.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
everything up to the bodily threats on my wife and child resulted in little action and nothing disciplinarial or legal. she was moved from our dept to a different one but that was primarily due to my boss and his boss working it and calling in a favor. but her actions didnt stop. she was also told by line mgmt multiple times to have no contact, leave me alone, stay out of our dept's facilities, etc but there were never any actual consequences when she would ignore the directives.

I went to EO and HR and had the dept head present for the meeting but it went nowhere and EO head basically said that it was too touchy of a situation due to it not meeting "normal" parameters. i forced them to clarify what all that meant and he eventually said the fact that im white and a male and shes a minority female make this very delicate and theyd prefer to have a very light touch and hope things just resolve naturally. useless wimp.

it's a good thing for them nothing happened to my family b/c if it had, theyd be paying out millions and id be on a beach somewhere retired.
What about the post IG (not that it might have mattered)?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I had an issue with a "co-worker" (partner)... he went to Federal prison for 5 years (well, his 85% of that anyone)... then he died. :yes:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I
What about the post IG (not that it might have mattered)?
I never really thought about the IG but should have. Guess I was so perplexed that EO and HR which are totally separate from our tenant command were so hands off and heads in the sand.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I

I never really thought about the IG but should have. Guess I was so perplexed that EO and HR which are totally separate from our tenant command were so hands off and heads in the sand.
Even up until I got out in '98, the IG's were actually really good (most did NOT want the appointment, but they were picked because every one of them I knew actually had tremendous integrity), but no idea how much that's been watered down in 25 years. Also, I do know back then that if the IG opened the case, it was a BIG deal because it automatically/mandatorily got reported up to the DA level in a separate channel... practically treated like a "Congressional" or when you had a solider in Track III for substance abuse.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
> Zambo where, in Mexico, did you bury the body?

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Your actions probably led to another Break-Down!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Funny, not funny. Well, sort of.

Son wants to get a 5 bedroom place next year with some good friends. I’m hoping it works out for the best and a few don’t get left paying rent for all.

Increasing the number of roommates is like going up the crazy/hot matrix.

5 roommates, lots of fun, lots of danger.

2 or 3 roommates, not as much fun, much safer.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Alex.
Agreed. I couldn’t do it.
They need a parent to co-sign or be a guarantor maybe. That’s a NO!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Alex.
My last two years of college I shared a house with 3 other guys. We don’t talk or meet up often any more, but when we do it’s always a great time with a lot of laughs. I’m very fortunate that one of them lives on Hilton Head and another in Wilmington NC and I have business trips to both places this fall.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your actions probably led to another Break-Down!
He almost caused ME to have a nervous breakdown. Every month, for the last 6 months, I didn’t think they would pay their rent. I had to fight with the parents every time to pay it. Plus, I had to cover the full utility bill….. which was always split. So, fuch that guy.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He almost caused ME to have a nervous breakdown. Every month, for the last 6 months, I didn’t think they would pay their rent. I had to fight with the parents every time to pay it. Plus, I had to cover the full utility bill….. which was always split. So, fuch that guy.
Not saying it was the same thing or a breakup even, but one of my HS buds got stuck with a roommate from So FL that unbeknownst to him was ghey. Found out about mid-semester when he woke up in the middle of the night and the dude was standing naked by his bed, crying and professing his love. My buddy grabbed his tennis racket and ran the guy out of his room. The guy came back with the RA and got his stuff the next day and left and was never seen again. After getting through the related trauma of that situation my buddy got out of the dorm and finished up by himself in a small studio apartment.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My Jr. year, myself and 4 other guys rented a old 2 story house. Everybody just moved in, no rules, just partying and we shared everything. Several months in, we noticed that one roomy never bought anything but he used everybody's stuff. It got to the point that everybody locked everything up including toilet paper. The Free Loader begged for T-paper but no one relented so he took an old t-shirt and cut it up into little squares. He would use the square, rinse it out and hang it on the side of the tub to dry. He was very generous with his azz wipes, telling everyone that he didn't mind if we used them, just rinse them out........

There were 2 bathrooms in the house, we gave him one and 4 of us used the other, we even put a pad lock on the door to keep him out! What a Creep!!!!!!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My Jr. year, myself and 4 other guys rented a old 2 story house. Everybody just moved in, no rules, just partying and we shared everything. Several months in, we noticed that one roomy never bought anything but he used everybody's stuff. It got to the point that everybody locked everything up including toilet paper. The Free Loader begged for T-paper but no one relented so he took an old t-shirt and cut it up into little squares. He would use the square, rinse it out and hang it on the side of the tub to dry. He was very generous with his azz wipes, telling everyone that he didn't mind if we used them, just rinse them out........

There were 2 bathrooms in the house, we gave him one and 4 of us used the other, we even put a pad lock on the door to keep him out! What a Creep!!!!!!
:what2:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My second oldest daughter was the bad roommate when she went to college. She had disgusting hygiene habits and had to share a dorm room with another girl. Their room shared an adjoining bathroom with the dorm room on the other side. Sarah would not buy the "shared" items like TP and such but didn't hesitate to use the other girls. Eventually her roomie moved out so it was just her against the two girls in the other room. They would leave her notes on the mirror telling her to clean up her messes. She ignored their requests.
She managed to spend five years at that Junior college but got a gen-ed associate's degree. She cut off all contact with us after the first year there so I have no idea who the subsequent years went for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.