Wednesday Worsts....Artificial Flavors

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Besides pumpkin spice, what’s the worst artificial flavor in your opinion?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t say that we use much artificial flavorings or consume many products containing them, but I had an aunt that always served instant ice tea with the lemon flavoring. When we have ice tea, it’s always brewed and has fresh lemon cut for a squeeze, but the aforementioned artificial lemon flavor is just awful.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
tannin based artificial vanilla extract. The real stuff is a dollar more. Why is there even a market?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There are many moments that can be, and often are, pointed to as the turning point where today's society changed for the worst. But the one that stands out to me the most is when the commies officially got Lime fazed out and replaced it with Sour Apple.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I can’t say that we use much artificial flavorings or consume many products containing them, but I had an aunt that always served instant ice tea with the lemon flavoring. When we have ice tea, it’s always brewed and has fresh lemon cut for a squeeze, but the aforementioned artificial lemon flavor is just awful.

That reminds me of the tea we had growing up. It was the artificial tea powder mix for instant tea. We also had Tang. That was good by itself just dipping my finger in it! Mom also had Sanka instant coffee. We lived in the south and mom made instant tea. :lol:

I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners. They leave a bad after taste.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Butterscotch and banana. Dreadful
Beyond words . You’re better off eating dirt .

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Artificial butter. Especially that fake liquid **** used in theaters on popcorn.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Banana flavoring is horrendous. Any time you got Runtz out of one of those 25 cent things they would be 90% banana.

Also that square gum in machines that you’d find at tire shops and Sears had a yellow banana flavor. The general rule was any more than one yellow and the whole handful was spoiled, as it would somehow override the taste of the white, green and red ones. What a terrible flavor that was.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Black liquorice - the cheap stuff is flavored by anise but I don’t think I’d like the real stuff either.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
tannin based artificial vanilla extract. The real stuff is a dollar more. Why is there even a market?
https://www.allrecipes.com/article/vanilla-beaver-castoreum/
Is There Beaver Goo in Your Artificial Vanilla Extract?

It's a rumor that has been swirling the internet, scaring everyone from home bakers to dessert enthusiasts alike, for years now: There may be castoreum, goo from a beaver's nether regions, in some artificial food flavorings. But is there any truth to this claim? Or is just a hoax that has spread on social media?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator