Wednesday Worsts....Car accident or repair

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Wow, that's scary! I had to read that three times because I thought you were talking about the "Grandparent Scam" where the child calls saying they were in a terrible car accident. I know several people in FL who have gotten this call and it was a scam.
A few years ago my dad got a call from a jailer (supposedly) saying that my oldest nephew had been arrested and needed bail money. Dad bit on it and ponied up a couple grand... :headslap:

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
We got the "Your Granddaughter was in a wreck" with wifey's HHR. Half rolled it into a tree, But that tree kept it upright and out of a family's home. She walked away without a scratch.

Funny part our long standing joke is we tell anyone that borrows a car if they wreck it they best total it..... Well she killed it

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last week I went to open the lift gate on my Hummer H2, I pulled on the latch but it wouldn't release. After much effort and a few choice phrases, it finally opened. Took the back cover off and found a small crack in the plastic structure of the tag holder which also serves as the frame of the door latch. No problem says I, I'll just buy a new plastic tag holder/bracket. Called my local Dealer and found I could purchase a new frame for the bargain price of $599.00.

$600.00 for a plastic tag holder........ the world has gone bat chit crazy!!!!!!

After much searching, I have found a used one for $299.00. Still seems outrageous to me. Now I'm worried about even driving the Beast because I'm scared someone might actually hit me and generate a repair bill that would choke a horse or Donkey!

Fun times!

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Try buying a F150 taillight housing with the blind spot monitoring..... Last I heard over 700

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator