Wednesday Worsts... Chores

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Apparently there is some dissention in the way some family members may do certain household chores.

Ex: You like your shirts folded a certain way but others leave them in the basket to wear as needed.

Or say you like the lids to be off the tupperware containers before being washed.
You know picky stuff. (Anecdotal of course...)

DC77DD67-C76F-4582-89C9-4ED246E651DD.jpeg

What's the worst at your house?

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I live with my Mom, so we're pretty harmonious in how we go about all the chores.

But the absolute WORST chore is clearing out my bathroom drains, and I have no one to blame but myself and my long hair.

ETA: Also, sweeping up my Chocolate Lab's hair, because it's a neverending cycle that happens almost daily. We bytches be shedding lots of hair.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I live with my Mom, so we're pretty harmonious in how we go about all the chores.

But the absolute WORST chore is clearing out my bathroom drains, and I have no one to blame but myself and my long hair.
Have you considered shaving? I hear it's all the rage now. Oh wait... :dance:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
The two chores that I cannot stand are weeding and dusting. Both were used as punishment growing up and I've hated doing them ever since.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
As I get older, the term "chore" is leaving my vernacular. Anything I can do without needing to take aspirin is a blessing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wife cooks dinner every night except Sunday, so I usually clean up after, which is pretty easy because of what we make. I don’t mind. But for whatever reason, this is me when I see that the dishwasher that needs to be unloaded.

1681313497249.gif

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Wife cooks dinner every night except Sunday, so I usually clean up after, which is pretty easy because of what we make. I don’t mind. But for whatever reason, this is me when I see that the dishwasher that needs to be unloaded.

View attachment 56636
So, don't unload it. Use the dishes in the dishwasher to eat off of and then just put them back and run it..

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Should the same rule apply to laundry? This isn’t college, you know.
See, civilized people iron the outerwear they put on, so no. The use the dishwasher as a cabinet thing came from HGTV. Why have a big void in your kitchen when it can be used effectively. Oh and you can use the oven to store bake wear on the bottom shelf. Increases the thermal inertia.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
See, civilized people iron the outerwear they put on, so no. The use the dishwasher as a cabinet thing came from HGTV. Why have a big void in your kitchen when it can be used effectively. Oh and you can use the oven to store bake wear on the bottom shelf. Increases the thermal inertia.

We use the oven for baking wear storage. That idea makes sense to me. We also keep oven mittens nearby for when I’m asked to take out the 500 degree cast iron pans and baking dishes that were inevitably left in when she started preheating.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The two chores that I cannot stand are weeding and dusting. Both were used as punishment growing up and I've hated doing them ever since.
True story.

Day two of weeding flower beds. At least the weather is cooperating. Could one use the leaf blower to dust the inside? Asking for a friend.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Folding laundry is up there for me--particularly matching socks. Everything else you can somewhat get in a zone and power through (dishes, dusting, etc.); but for some odd reason, folding clothes has always irritated me

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Folding laundry is up there for me--particularly matching socks. Everything else you can somewhat get in a zone and power through (dishes, dusting, etc.); but for some odd reason, folding clothes has always irritated me

It’s because of the never ending cycle in you find yourself stuck making it quite taxing mentally as well. With dishes, you’ve already eaten and it will be hours before you eat again. With dusting, you’re not actively placing more dust on the mantle as you dusted. Same with vacuuming. But with laundry, in addition to folding/matching being such a pain, unless you’re doing it naked, you’re actually at the same time creating more work for yourself and continuing the never ending dilemma.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

View attachment 56636

That’s my 10 year olds reaction every time I tell him, with a big smile, that he needs to unload the dishwasher. I knew kids would pay off one day. When he complains I tell him he can either fold laundry with mom’s underwear in it or I can start giving him a check after dinner to pay like the grandma in One Crazy Summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator