Wednesday Worsts.....Misnomers - because words matter

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I'm honestly not sure if these words apply to the intent of this thread but... I hate when people use the word pacific when they actually mean specific. Mrs. Nalt does that frequently and not only does it drive me crazy, it really angers her when I point out that "pacific" is a really big ocean while "specific" means something in particular.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Buffalo - used in exchange for American Bison. I actually think they are offended and will hurl anyone close enough to make the mistake.

angry yellowstone national park GIF

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That's for filling lifeboats and overwing evacutions and such. Nowadays, men proceed ladies to make sure there is no danger in the offing.
I’m at Rupp arena with 20,000 other people for a technology conference. Today I’d like to identify as a guy for the restroom because all the other ladies were first. :facepalm:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That's for filling lifeboats and overwing evacutions and such. Nowadays, men proceed ladies to make sure there is no danger in the offing.
So if I gave up my spot in a lifeboat to a "transgender man" would it take the spot, be offended that I did not take seriously their gender choice, or both? (My money is on "both.")

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I should know.

He was a good friend of mine.

I never understood a word he said, but I helped him drink his wine.

(and he always had some mighty fine wine)

Alex.

I cut my teeth, as a budding failure of a singer, on this very song at the ripe age of 5 while dancing around the camp fire while at Camp Blanding. Parents had me do it every year until I was too embarrassed to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator