Wednesday Worsts....Poor Sportsmanship

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Although some of you might think that poor sportsmanship is actually an act of great sportsmanship.... what are some of the best examples of poor sportsmanship?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about a dad who attacks a wrestler beating his son

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Interestingly, I was going to post this very clip. My favorite part was #77 doing jazz hands to us as he exited the end zone. They were the victors that day. But you know what happened to that jazz hands player? He blew his knee out later that year. Then again in ‘08. Then once more in 2009, ending his playing days.

1694630671441.gif

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Old school: Pistons walk out before playoff game ends after Jordan sends them home.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Eye gouging an opponent player in the scrum... :whistle:

Oh that guy had it coming.

Anyway, speaking of poor sportsmanship, I’ve told the story before, but back in 2011 I was at the Swamp Restaurant/Bar before our night game against Alabama. Also there, amidst a sea of Gators trying to enjoy pregame festivities in peace, was 90s Tide defensive back, Reggie Myles, who was mocking UF, trash talking, doing your chants, and generally being a jackass. I even interacted with him a few time times in a calm way, which was met with more stupidity. The one thing we all knew was that he was drunk and needed to slow down. But it turns out he wasn’t even going into the game and planned to stay at the bar and continue drinking throughout. Long and short, he later decided it would be a good move post game to go to the stadium and harass the players as they left the locker room and greeted their families. Unfortunately, he picked the wrong guy, Dominique Easley and got knocked on his behind. What’s worse, this grown man then called the police to file a complaint against Easley, like 19 at the time, for the incident despite completely provoking it. I read the story about it once I was back home on Monday and realized it was the guy I’d been sitting near that got pummeled.

1694638956240.gif

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Interestingly, I was going to post this very clip. My favorite part was #77 doing jazz hands to us as he exited the end zone. They were the victors that day. But you know what happened to that jazz hands player? He blew his knee out later that year. Then again in ‘08. Then once more in 2009, ending his playing days.

View attachment 61834
Some might call this post an example of poor sportsmanship

:stickpoke:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Poor sportsmanship is being a sore loser and a boastful winner. Good sportsmanship is being a good loser and a gracious winner. This doesn't so much apply so much to us fans who only stand on the sidelines as it does to the participants down in the arena.

Many examples of poor sportsmanship and good sportsmanship. You asked for an example of poor sportsmanship. In golf it would be a hacker who throws a temper tantrum when he makes a poor shot. Bad shots are part of the learning process and even happen all the time to top players. The hacker is not good enough to have a bad reaction to a poor shot. He needs to learn from his mistakes and get ready to play the next shot. So don't throw your golf club in the water because you're going to need it to hit the next penalty shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator