Wednesday Worsts....Shamed Spokesperson

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We recently purchased the son a Gerber knife for his birthday which made me think of Bear Grylls. He had a survival show on tv but was later caught sleeping at hotels between takes. Everyone assumed he was roughing it.

Who are some other shamed spokespersons?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
subway speech GIF by South Park

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We recently purchased the son a Gerber knife for his birthday which made me think of Bear Grylls. He had a survival show on tv but was later caught sleeping at hotels between takes. Everyone assumed he was roughing it.

Who are some other shamed spokespersons?

I think Grylls gets too much hate. Pretty sure it was later seasons he was caught doing these things, and the point of the show had really grown to practical ways of getting through tough outdoors situations. Like he’d purposely go into a frozen lake to demonstrate how to get out of one. So who cares if he built a hut but stayed at the Four Seasons? He still showed the process. Just my view.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I think Grylls gets too much hate. Pretty sure it was later seasons he was caught doing these things, and the point of the show had really grown to practical ways of getting through tough outdoors situations. Like he’d purposely go into a frozen lake to demonstrate how to get out of one. So who cares if he built a hut but stayed at the Four Seasons? He still showed the process. Just my view.
His first season was 2006. The event CD referenced was in 2009 and he was supposed to be "roughing" it in Little River Canyon near Ft. Payne, AL but he was actually living it up in a hotel... At least that's how I heard it...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
His first season was 2006. The event CD referenced was in 2009 and he was supposed to be "roughing" it in Little River Canyon near Ft. Payne, AL but he was actually living it up in a hotel... At least that's how I heard it...
It's been a minute since I've been to Fort Payne; is there a Four Seasons even within 100 miles of the place?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes, in Birmingham.

That’s a Raddison.

To your question, @Gator By Marriage , no there isn’t. And I believe the episode that caused a problem was in the Everglades. But again, what does it matter. He set up an above ground shelter that clearly supported him and worked. He just didn’t spend all night actually in it and come away with malaria. The point isn’t “can you do this?”. Yes, I’m sure he could. The point is to show people what to do if they have to do it. The uproar was just silly imo.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Coach “O” is coming in his Hummer to beat your ass. Then goes 10 - 25 in 3 years at Ole Miss and gets fired.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That’s a Raddison.

To your question, @Gator By Marriage , no there isn’t. And I believe the episode that caused a problem was in the Everglades. But again, what does it matter. He set up an above ground shelter that clearly supported him and worked. He just didn’t spend all night actually in it and come away with malaria. The point isn’t “can you do this?”. Yes, I’m sure he could. The point is to show people what to do if they have to do it. The uproar was just silly imo.
Truth be told, I'm not familiar with Grylls; I just remember the unfortunate few days I spent in Fort Payne many years ago and couldn't imagine why there would be a Four Seasons anywhere near that place unless it changed dramatically. It sounds like it hasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator