Wednesday Worsts....Toys

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What is the worst toy invented?

I was in a store this morning and encountered a little girl carrying around a baby doll. I saw her in at least 4 different areas and every time the doll was crying. Full blown meltdown crying. It never fazed the mother which made me think this was a daily occurrence and she drowns it out. I'm guessing the girl could have given the doll a bottle to quiet it but chose not to. At the very least the mother could have taken the batteries out or left it in the car.

Why would you give that to your kid?

Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have fun with your 2 unwanted kids, divorce, school loans, and a mortgage you can’t afford:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This was always good for a concussion or two:

First run was fine. Then the reality of having to get back to the line without being carried like the gymnast in the ‘96 Olympics sets in. Skimming down a track covered in dirt, leaves, grass and sticks want nearly as fun.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wasn’t necessarily opposed to Tinker Toys. But I used to hate the commercials or the smug-face kid on the box showing these massive creations that had all these extensive moving parts. I admittedly wasn’t an engineer, but the suggestion that these fellow 6 year olds were building windmill generators and moving vehicles with them, while I’m building a non-working seesaw, was infuriating.

1703189731756.gif

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
I wasn’t necessarily opposed to Tinker Toys. But I used to hate the commercials or the smug-face kid on the box showing these massive creations that had all these extensive moving parts. I admittedly wasn’t an engineer, but the suggestion that these fellow 6 year olds were building windmill generators and moving vehicles with them, while I’m building a non-working seesaw, was infuriating.

View attachment 65587
Never change, Sofla.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 65587
You must’ve froze like Ralphie on Santa’s lap and instead of asking for the BB Gun , the only thing that came out was a very meek and confused “….Yeah, Tinker Toys!”

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The “game” with the ball and paddle didn’t last, but the @ss whippings mom inflicted with the paddle were forever it seemed.
We would staple the elastic string back on every time it broke off.
Worse than momma paddling us with it was my brother hitting us.

Or the anxiety and anticipation of my brother dragging his feet across the carpet in his socks to shock us in the winter.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We would staple the elastic string back on every time it broke off.
Worse than momma paddling us with it was my brother hitting us.

Or the anxiety and anticipation of my brother dragging his feet across the carpet in his socks to shocks us in the winter.
Of course, each time the elastic broke and was reattached it was shorter, making it either harder or easier, depending on your level of manual dexterity :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I asked Mrs. Nalt about this. These were some of her submissions.

71JtZmNkCNL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

and these when the kids don't put all the pieces back in the container and you step on one...

1703282072047.png

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
My 4 year old has hit the LEGO stage and I despise it. I build something and he immediately breaks it and tells me to rebuild it. Just deflating. My oldest got to the point I told him that if he bought them he had to build them and lost interest.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My 4 year old has hit the LEGO stage and I despise it. I build something and he immediately breaks it and tells me to rebuild it. Just deflating. My oldest got to the point I told him that if he bought them he had to build them and lost interest.
You build things FOF your four year old? Why not just let him exercise his imagination and build whatever comes to mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator