Wednesday Worsts....Toys

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I wasn’t necessarily opposed to Tinker Toys. But I used to hate the commercials or the smug-face kid on the box showing these massive creations that had all these extensive moving parts. I admittedly wasn’t an engineer, but the suggestion that these fellow 6 year olds were building windmill generators and moving vehicles with them, while I’m building a non-working seesaw, was infuriating.

View attachment 65587
Fuz,y studies major I presume?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I wasn’t necessarily opposed to Tinker Toys. But I used to hate the commercials or the smug-face kid on the box showing these massive creations that had all these extensive moving parts. I admittedly wasn’t an engineer, but the suggestion that these fellow 6 year olds were building windmill generators and moving vehicles with them, while I’m building a non-working seesaw, was infuriating.

View attachment 65587
Erector Set > Tinker Toys

g8trjax

Aug 26, 2018
il_fullxfull.552995509_o3rr.jpg

Damn things were brutal to the arm.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Mrs. Nalt has a set of Clackers... My dad bought my brothers and me a set when they were popular. They didn't last long...
Hmmm. He may have been trying to cut down on the food and college bills. I remember some wayward gaucho trying to kill the Rifleman with a pair of those. Come to think of it, I once got a set myself and my mom was really mad at me at the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator