Recruiting Welcome new Commit - DE Jachai Polite

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;311587 said:
In before somebody complains about him being a 3*....

Championship teams aren't built off of the backs of three and four stars. We're going to start having a few decommits because of the positive momentum that we are having.

With this kid, he has been one of the better DEs at the camps. I would expect him to be a solid four star at the end of the season. Even if for some reason he was not bumped up, he is still a solid get.

The player that we want in this class on the line is Burns. If we can bring in Manuel and Burns, this will be a terrific defensive line class.

More than likely out of the running for Lawrence. It looks like he's leaning toward Clemson.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorJ;n311609 said:
Championship teams aren't built off of the backs of three and four stars. We're going to start having a few decommits because of the positive momentum that we are having.

With this kid, he has been one of the better DEs at the camps. I would expect him to be a solid four star at the end of the season. Even if for some reason he was not bumped up, he is still a solid get.

The player that we want in this class on the line is Burns. If we can bring in Manuel and Burns, this will be a terrific defensive line class.

More than likely out of the running for Lawrence. It looks like he's leaning toward Clemson.
But at almost 19 years old he's physically more mature than some of the 17 year olds he's going up against.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've seen him listed anywhere from 228lbs up to as high as 250lbs. Pretty big difference. I like the bigger DE's (like Bullard) that can slide inside if needed.

Glad we got this kid....any D-lineman is a great pick up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;311638 said:
I've seen him listed anywhere from 228lbs up to as high as 250lbs. Pretty big difference. I like the bigger DE's (like Bullard) that can slide inside if needed.

Glad we got this kid....any D-lineman is a great pick up.

I think 228 pounds was his junior weight. The majority of the recruiting sites don't update after the junior season for most players. Kind of hit and miss.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n311641 said:
I think 228 pounds was his junior weight. The majority of the recruiting sites don't update after the junior season for most players. Kind of hit and miss.

Which is ok that they don't update their weight since they add 15-20#'s when they first list their weight.....So chances are he weights now what they say he weighted last year....:lol: :chomp:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's a good get. A good athlete that may eventually be able to play inside or outside. Unfortunately this may mean we're trending down for manual and Lawrence. But this probably helps us with Tatum, our top oline target at the moment. They're hs teammates. It's always good to add depth on the dline and he comes from a highschool that produces alot of talent so it's a smart move for Mac to establish a good relationship with that program aswell. Definitely a smart move to take this kid.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n311599 said:
Exactly what I said only I named the complainer...

That must have been the "censored" tweet :-) You and I are thinking of the same person.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;311668 said:
I think it's a good get. A good athlete that may eventually be able to play inside or outside. Unfortunately this may mean we're trending down for manual and Lawrence. But this probably helps us with Tatum, our top oline target at the moment. They're hs teammates. It's always good to add depth on the dline and he comes from a highschool that produces alot of talent so it's a smart move for Mac to establish a good relationship with that program aswell. Definitely a smart move to take this kid.

I think were out of it for Lawrence very much in it for Manuel. I read somewhere that we haven't taken a player from that area since 2005. Astonishing.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n311594 said:
It will change. Some of the talking heads say he's been the most impressive DE they've seen in camps. Of course they said the same thing about Byron Cowart too...

Who?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Looks like a beast, and sounds intelligent and interested in getting a great education along with developing as an athlete. He made a great choice. Whether or not someone attaches another star by his name don't mean jack. Welcome aboard, Chomp Chomp!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard he uses Tapatlk which is ultimately why J likes him.

Welcome to Gator Nation.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll probably see a decommit from Mitchell from this, which some thought might happen after Clayton committed. Sounds like we're trading up. :chomp: :chomp:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator87;n311693 said:
Cowart ?Who?

Pretty sure he's a 3rd stringer on the 94th ranked defense in the country. Has like 5 tackles for the year(tied for 3rd on the team, I believe). Usually in the 12:00 slot on Saturdays.

Should check him out.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We do love us some versatile athletes. Great pick up. Welcome!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;311701 said:
I've heard he uses Tapatlk which is ultimately why J likes him.

Welcome to Gator Nation.

:D

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n311740 said:
Pretty sure he's a 3rd stringer on the 94th ranked defense in the country. Has like 5 tackles for the year(tied for 3rd on the team, I believe). Usually in the 12:00 slot on Saturdays.

Should check him out.
:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n311740 said:

Should check him out.
I can't. They have Reba McIntyre broadcasting those 12:00 games, and I can't stand the screeching.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n311684 said:
I think were out of it for Lawrence very much in it for Manuel. I read somewhere that we haven't taken a player from that area since 2005. Astonishing.
Yeah that is weird. They said that on the radio today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.