Status
Not open for further replies.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n220432 said:
Perfect hire. Same style of play as Donovan, young enough to stay awhile and with upside, well connected in Florida, SEC experience, track record of success.

Great summary.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
PastyStoole;n220432 said:
Perfect hire. Same style of play as Donovan, young enough to stay awhile and with upside, well connected in Florida, SEC experience, track record of success.

Well said. Many just can't get over the name recognition. If Allen decides he doesn't want out of his LOI, I think it's a solid hire upfront.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
VulcanAlex;n220427 said:
OK I will take a shot:

First how do you know that others were not explored? Answer you don't.

Yes I have not heard of him until last night but then other than very famous coaches who are not coming I don't know them either. Major schools coaches are not coming, better to get a young coach who can build upon our success. Time will tell.

It's called a coaching search for a reason.....Maybe there's is an NBA guy who wants to come back to college. As far as saying others just "aren't coming", well money talks and ******** walks.....

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n220412 said:
Please provide your proof then.
It's obvious this guy is Miller's secretary. He's probably busy right now getting something for Miller to give to his wife and mom

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79;n220436 said:
I live in Raleigh NC. If you would like proof come see me big shooter. Let me know a pub, time and place and we can meet.
I will gladly discuss how I know for a fact Archie Miller was never contacted. Although any feeble minded degenerate like yourself could look it that info up. You're the same dork that said keep Muschamp after Georgia Southern.

So you can't post what you know as "facts"? Guess you really don't know anything about what happened. Oh well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n220421 said:
So a nationally known coach makes them the automatic better choice?

And no, I had not heard of him but that doesn't mean it was a bad hire.

See post #135

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gators79;n220436 said:
I live in Raleigh NC. If you would like proof come see me big shooter. Let me know a pub, time and place and we can meet.
I will gladly discuss how I know for a fact Archie Miller was never contacted. Although any feeble minded degenerate like yourself could look it that info up. You're the same dork that said keep Muschamp after Georgia Southern.
It was in today's paper that Miller was not contacted. Time will tell if this "is the guy" we wanted.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Replacing or following after Donovan's eventual departure was always going to be difficult. There was always going to be a certain amount of risk and uncertainty for the new coach and the AD who hired him. To me, that would seem to be obvious in both cases. Foley is not above criticism, just comes with the job, imo. However the endless hate spewn forth by some here, who may think it's amusing or entertaining, is really just very boring. Good luck to Coach White. He looks to be a good one, let's all hope so.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n220430 said:
Well Gee thanks for identifying me as "no one". Now of course good performance in the regular season for UF leads to success in March.

I guess you don't watch any UF BBall until March, what a great fan. I watch every game that I can and root hard for good play and a win. Simple!!

And of course the SEC is a different animal, you win the regular season and generally you are in no matter what else happens.

No **** if he wins the SEC regular season he'll get in. What was brought up was him crapping all over himself when he was the number one seed in his conference when he knew he'd have to win out to get into the tourney. Hell, he only made one final out of three. I guess I wanted somebody that at least made a sweet 16. My bad. I should have known Foley would be cruising the 50% off rack.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
However the endless hate spewn forth by some here, who may think it's amusing or entertaining, is really just very boring. Good luck to Coach White. He looks to be a good one, let's all hope so.
The talent has been here for years and demonstrated in this place often. Angry at the world, the economy they guys in charge (anywhere) and especially Fla fortunes since UM and the 04s left.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Look, good coaches can be found all kinds of places. You want a hired gun from some well known program. It could work probably. I think a young guy with spit and fire and enthusiasm along with coaching smarts is a good hire. Give the mofo a chance before you hate so much.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
T REX;n220447 said:
No **** if he wins the SEC regular season he'll get in. What was brought up was him crapping all over himself when he was the number one seed in his conference when he knew he'd have to win out to get into the tourney. Hell, he only made one final out of three. I guess I wanted somebody that at least made a sweet 16. My bad. I should have known Foley would be cruising the 50% off rack.

A lot of people wanted Archie Miller. I suspect Foley would have offered Miller a similar contract. White was making about 600k a year and Archie Miller is making about 650k. I don't think people would have said Miller was from the 50% off rack.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
We all know Billy D will be a hard act to follow. But he is gone and Mike White is now The Man. Personally, I feel good about the hire, but feel free to ask me again in 5 or 10 years. But for now, all ye naysayers please climb on board or leave your whine at the door on your way out.

Dec 10, 2014
MidwestChomp;n220451 said:
A lot of people wanted Archie Miller. I suspect Foley would have offered Miller a similar contract. White was making about 600k a year and Archie Miller is making about 650k. I don't think people would have said Miller was from the 50% off rack.

Facts aren't welcome on this board!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n220451 said:

My 50% comment was geared more at their accomplishments vs pay. I guess that's my bad.

Since you think they'd garner the same pay...what would you rather pay for? 3 NITs or 2 NCAA's - one ELITE eight?

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
I've seen a ton of analyst that I respect their opinions on things say not only was this a good hire, but a great hire

I'm still going to pass judgement based on who he retains, recruiting next year and record wise

But I'm behind for now

CHOMP CHOMP

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
T REX;n220463 said:
My 50% comment was geared more at their accomplishments vs pay. I guess that's my bad.

Since you think they'd garner the same pay...what would you rather pay for? 3 NITs or 2 NCAA's - one ELITE eight?

Was White my first choice. No. But, I'm not trashing the hire. I think it's a solid hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.