Well I will say this for McElwain.....

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My guess...all those players suspended aren't coming back, and in order to keep the NCAA at bay, we'll invoke a bowl ban and not have those schollys that are vacated to use for awhile.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Maybe the Forrest Gump light finally came on and he's wondering just what the hell is he doing here?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Could be he is just getting as frustrated with the offense as we are......

Yeah I think some of it could be this. I think he might have thought this year he finally was going to have the offense fixed. Clearly it isn't and he is under a lot pressure now.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think he realized after being embarrassed by a team that brought back 5 total starters that he's not a good coach and that once he's finally canned he will never get another high profile job again as a HC. He might go on to be a HC at a lower tier school but a once in a lifetime UF type job is no longer on the table. I wish him nothing but the best for him and his family but has got to go.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is more going on IMO that we don't know.

He sounds and looks like a dead man walking and there will be many pumpers who defend this shyt. He went from cocky as shyt "don't you know I'm the east 'champion'" to sounding like a man on the way to the gallows in one game.

Donkey.....I think you've nailed it. I'm beginning to think all this stuff with the suspensions and god knows what else is going on has made things worse than anyone's realized. He's looking more like a man in disbelief and shock than anything else. There is definitely more going on here than any of us know.

Karl Sheppard

Sep 17, 2016
After another last minute victory yesterday I have serious doubts we can beat TA&M LSU or UGA. Now with another QB controversy looming we’re right where we were this time last year. I just have no faith in the coach’s ability to make adjustments from game to game and show positive progression on offense. If they elect to go with LDR we will once again be a one dimensional offense. He does not have the arm strength or accuracy to complete passes more than 10-15 yards. The short time he was in yesterday he managed to throw an INT, something he was prone to do last year in the games he played. The offensive line again looked like Swiss cheese. With the talent we have the coaches should be able to call plays to get the play makers into open space, but we just never see that happen very often from week to week. We had 4 years of Muschamp with a dismal offense and now 3 years of McElwain with the same offensive results. At what point does UF decide enough is enough with McElwain & Nuss and either hire a new OC, HBC or both. Even if we happen to make it to the SECCG again we will be humiliated by BAMA one more time. And yes I am a Die Hard Gator fan Win or Lose, but it doesn't mean we all can't have our opinions on how we feel about the direction or lack thereof the team is being coached on offense. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!!

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
He is absolutely acting strange but some of you are some serious conspiracy theorists.

I heard from a reliable source, in the barbecue industry, that Mac is depressed that the teeth whitener he is using is not penetrating his Montana Butter teeth. He knows while he is speaking that he is being judged and can't help but use phrases like "this win is similar to life" or "life is like a box of chocolates"

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
His interview coming off the field was as painful to watch as the game was.

It was painful, but perhaps he knows that we did not earn this victory, did not earn the UT one, so being very happy is not really appropriate.

Luck will eventually run out and then we will be blown out.

I get tired of the excuses of all those players missing, it is valid for defensive depth, but does not excuse how we can't call an offense game play for anything.

Now people do to us what we used to do to them, they shut down our offense.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:eek:
@NickdelaTorreGC: Jim McElwain is 15-3 in SEC regular season games. That ties Steve Spurrier for the best 18-game start in UF history.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Jim McElwain is 15-3 in SEC regular season games. That ties Steve Spurrier for the best 18-game start in UF history.

And Tenn was 17-4 in their last 21 games prior to playing us only second to Bama. You can find stats like that if you cherry pick especially with an East team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is absolutely acting strange but some of you are some serious conspiracy theorists.

I heard from a reliable source, in the barbecue industry, that Mac is depressed that the teeth whitener he is using is not penetrating his Montana Butter teeth. He knows while he is speaking that he is being judged and can't help but use phrases like "this win is similar to life" or "life is like a box of chocolates"
Solid work, Sunday. It does make sense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I'm amazed and then I'm not. The SEC East is a joke right now and we've had some extra fortunate moments in the waning moments of games, although it does mean we did what we had to do. You just get the feeling that the coaching staff is always stumbling into good fortune rather than arranging for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator