Well, We've About Covered All That Enough

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Y'all know what I'm not talking about ...Yes you do, you surely do. So let's approach our Gators' game #1 from angles of CFB-psychology, weight comparisons UF v UM on the OL & DL matchups, speed (RBs to sweep outside, WRs to race clear), Big-Big Stadium jitters, along with pushy exaggerated TV workers' attention, etc?

I am going to start with this worry that instead of creating a pent-up swell of swell momentum, MacNuss give Franks a short pass gameplan, 'cause they've pounded it into rookie Franks' head that he can't yet handle full real QBing.?? = "I say, let Franks let it rip like the John Reaves & Carlos Alverez style did on Houston. (Was that an opening season game?)

I think it was. I was there when Bob Hewko shocked Cal in 1980 in Tampa. And I was there when Shane shocked Ok St. in 1990. In each case the defense were kept off balance by uncertainty.

I hope they have a similar approach against Michigan, but the surprise may be in Frank's running ability which has been overshadowed by Toney's display in the spring game.

If they opt for safety and invite Michigan to a fight in a phone booth then we'll have a tough go.

They lost as much or more than we did on defense and far more on offense and special teams. And they will remember the bowl game, so maybe that confidence works against them a bit. They have a solid QB returning but not a lot else.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all know what I'm not talking about ...Yes you do, you surely do. So let's approach our Gators' game #1 from angles of CFB-psychology, weight comparisons UF v UM on the OL & DL matchups, speed (RBs to sweep outside, WRs to race clear), Big-Big Stadium jitters, along with pushy exaggerated TV workers' attention, etc?

I am going to start with this worry that instead of creating a pent-up swell of swell momentum, MacNuss give Franks a short pass gameplan, 'cause they've pounded it into rookie Franks' head that he can't yet handle full real QBing.?? = "I say, let Franks let it rip like the John Reaves & Carlos Alverez style did on Houston. (Was that an opening season game?)

Did you really think you could change the conversation on this board? Are you new around here? Where's the real Rog who's been here from the beginning?

giphy.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
harbaugh-slow.gif
DvTGy.jpg

Mrs. Harbough saw that on the Jumbotron, ran from her seat down to the barrier wall. She called the waterboy over and told him what she saw. So the waterboy informed Harbough and Harbough immediately dug out a 2nd booger, transferred it to the waterboy with instructions, whereupon he ran back to Mrs.Harbaugh and transferred the booger to her thumb. Thumbfounded for a second, she then dutifully put it in her mouth.

PS>> Since Harbaugh spent 3-4 years in San Francisco, we're all lucky he didn't snack on something dug from another hole.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I say F the screen passes and replace them with slants and sprinkle in some flys and post that are thrown longer than shorter. Unleash the three headed dragon run game with the caveat that puff the magic dragon doesn't fumble the ball (need I say more Thompson). This is predicated on the OL finally understanding their game is called bulldozer not windmill/turnstile. May our newbie QB vomit out the pregame locker room butterflies and usher in a new legacy of made the play ball. Go Gators!

:deadhorse:
:cool:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Possibly....

We could be 2-3 minutes into the 4th qtr with the score 24-10 (who's winning you ask?)...as we look up to the skybox and imagine asking Nuss what could have been if that well scripted opening drive had actually scored. And, perhaps more importantly, if any other drive had been even half as well thought out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did you really think you could change the conversation on this board? Are you new around here? Where's the real Rog who's been here from the beginning?

Perhaps I was hired as the Devil's advocate ... even though Swonky didn't discuss my pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator