We're Not That Bad...Polls

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Rank
10 down 2 (AP)
9 down 1 (Coaches)

Yeah, we're behind most 10-1 teams but I thought we would be placed lower than many 9-2 teams (e.g., Stanford)

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last Saturday we played like the 8th best team, in the state, that would put us behind a couple of high school powerhouses. Some of that love of leaving us above a 2 loss team is from the Florida name. But the good thing is, we control our fate, win out, win the next two games and there is no way we aren't in the playoffs, especially after beating either the #1 or #2 ranked CFP team in bama.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
we are what we are, good but not great!

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The poll has zero to do with us being good or bad. We are not a good football team, we have just happened to win games against a poor schedule.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The poll has zero to do with us being good or bad. We are not a good football team, we have just happened to win games against a poor schedule.

I didn't think it was possible for a Gator fan to be ungrateful after the amount of success we've had with such a patchwork team. Congrats, you're the lucky fool who wins this award... Btw, that weak schedule is in the top 5 SOS I believe

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason we're a top 8-10 team is because of our name, our conference and there are a lot of other down teams this year. That being said, I'll take it!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd care what they're thinking, if they were evaluating our 47-14 drubbing of FAU.
I don't care for their evaluation of a us on a 17-14 OT-survival vs 2-8 FAU.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't think it was possible for a Gator fan to be ungrateful after the amount of success we've had with such a patchwork team. Congrats, you're the lucky fool who wins this award... Btw, that weak schedule is in the top 5 SOS I believe

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Wrong, depending on the source our SOS has been no higher than 19th this year and started at 41st in the country.

And saying our team is not good is not ungrateful, I just have eyeballs and I chose to use them. Of course winning is always better than losing, but you're kidding yourself if you're convinced the product on the field is really any different from last year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think we are a product of our schedule and more directly our division. I wonder what our record would look like if we played all the teams from the west. I'm thinking we would probably be an 8-4 team at best. It is what it is and the only thing left for me as a fan this year is to see us lay it ALL on the line this Saturday as if we were playing in the Super Bowl.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we could make field goals, our games might look a little bit better. As bad as our O has looked, kicking has killed us, leaving points on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator