What a dog thinks

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The question was "Will we beat UF by two TDs. This dog knows his history,

No
No, I have to see it to believe it, there's been way too many times Georgia has laid an egg in this stadium being huge favorites, and with all the death threats Jim MAC and all the Florida players have received, it doesn't make things any easier for us. Remember the 2014 game? Yeah, that's what I thought. Here's all the curses Georgia is gonna have to break coming into Jacksonville this season.

Jake Fromm will have to become the first Georgia QB to defeat Florida since 1989, all of the previous freshman QB's lost their first game against Florida (including Aaron Murray in OT).

Georgia is looking forward to starting 8-0 for the first time since 2002, but also get past Florida undefeated for the first time since 1982. The previous 2 Georgia teams (2002, 2005) went into Jacksonville undefeated and lost to inferior Florida teams, which knocked us out of the BCS title race.

Since 1992, there's been 7 times when Georgia has gone into Jacksonville and was the higher ranked team than Florida whether Florida was ranked or not. Florida has won 5 out of 7 of those meetings, which were 1992, 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2014. Those losses either cost Georgia a chance to get in the BCS title game or knocked us out of the east race. The only 2 times Georgia survived were 2004 and 2011.

Since 2006, the losers in Jacksonville don't win the SEC East, or the winner prevented the loser from winning the East.

Every 5 years since 1992 (which includes 1997, 2002, 2007, and 2012), the lower ranked or unranked team has upset the higher ranked team in Jacksonville. Georgia better be very careful with all the crazy upsets that's already happened in the football world (college and NFL) so far this season.

Since 1980, Georgia has started undefeated going into Florida 4 times. In 1980, Georgia needed a miracle pass to Lindsay Scott to escape with a 26-21 victory, and ended up winning the national championship. In 1982, Georgia dominated Florida, made it to the national championship but lost to Penn State. In 2002, Georgia lost to Florida and it prevented us from going to the national championship. In 2005, DJ Shockley's injury doomed us against the Gators in Jacksonville. 2017 will be the 5th time this has happened in that span. History tells me this will be a nail biter.

Fact is, Steve Spurrier has created an environment in the UF Football Program that the Georgia game is bigger than any other, that beating Georgia is the #1 objective every year, and that every Gator player should hate Georgia when it comes to football. It is a hex, a voodoo curse from a South American Hispanic woman in Miami, a curse from who knows where. It is a serious problem that we cannot seem to solve.

Each of you can expect Florida to play like the #1 team in the nation this Saturday, and we will be lucky not to be behind two touchdowns by the start of the 4th quarter. Throw the **** stats in the garbage, they are worthless. I say this because I expect it like I expect the sun to come up in the East. Why should I expect anything different 35 years later? These guys own us, and until I see a result that changes things, I have to expect another loss. Mark Richt could not motivate his teams to win this game...inexplicably (unless we were a major underdog with a solid team on a rare occasion). I will believe Kirby can do it when I see it, and not until then.
What he actually pointed out was SOS did for the program exactly what Dooley did for UGA years ago,.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/3302/will-we-beat-florida-by-two-scores

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I hope all the leghumper players are thinking about things similar to the above post.

Go Gators!

I hope they figure out a way to beat the humpers with a controversial 5/8 second left on the clock on a 1 in a billion chance play.

Although I no longer watch or record the games, I'm still a Gator. I hope that I've misjudged McYet and he is, afterall, a genius.

Bellwether moment for McYet.

It is possible.

But highly unlikely.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I hope to see an aerial shot at the end of the 3rd, where 1/2 of the stadium is singing "we are the boys" and the other 1/2 is on the way to the parking lot.

I LOVE those shots.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see a dog fan at the gym and he is worried. He comes off like he is confident but he knows.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody chokes in Jacksonville like a Georgia Bulldog. It's our only hope.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why is coach spending time at dawgnation? :suspect:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Why is coach spending time at dawgnation? :suspect:
If 3 minutes is spending time I guess you got me. I was actually looking for real negative stuff about us there but found older guys with perspective and knowledge about the series..............ignorance of your rivals can bite you in the butt.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I agree that the history of this series should motivate the "favorite" to be cautious. That said, I'm not optimistic for a Gator upset based on the way the two teams have been playing. I see Georgia running well enough to score at least 21 points and I just can't see the UF offense keeping pace. It will take a significant amount of wacky plays and cosmic intervention to win this game this year. Hope I'm wrong.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
43673620-So-many-things-might-happen-when-pigs-fly-The-legendary-flying-pig-is-ready-to-decorate-your-apparel-Stock-Vector.jpg

Unfortunately, i will not be able to watch this year as it will be the only day that i can ride my unicorn to Kandy Kane forest...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If 3 minutes is spending time I guess you got me. I was actually looking for real negative stuff about us there but found older guys with perspective and knowledge about the series..............ignorance of your rivals can bite you in the butt.
:scoff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.