What did you learn about your young quarterback?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks confirmed the last two games that he's the most talented QB on the roster, and he has come a long ways since the Spring game in 2016. He's still obviously learning the game, but with more reps and experience, he'll get better. Honestly though, the extreme conservativism of the coaching staff is holding him back. I think he's not taking more shots down field because the coaches are telling him to make the safer, short throws. I'm glad he and Cleveland ignored them on the last play and won this game.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We had one completed pass that traveled through air more than 10 yards... and that pass was the last play of the game.

Think about that for minute while we ponder why we have a hard time running the ball or pass blocking.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like what I see from him, and the maturation in terms of hi handling in-game situations, from game 1 to game 2. He definitely seemed to have more control as the game progressed. I also agree that the coaches are probably holding him back in many respects. My hope is that, like Grier, they see his play making ability in the clutch, and allow him to open it up a little more starting the next week(OM '15). We all knew we'd take some lumps along the way with a freshman. But the idea of what he can develop into is really exciting, and something we'd never have had with LDR or Zaire.

emr25

Nov 18, 2015
One thing that shouldn't go overlooked is the arm strength and natural abilities Franks possesses.

He's young and inexperienced, he's going to miss some reads and even a wide open receiver more often than we'd like. But he has a cannon with the size to see over our underperforming OL.

Sure there will be some growing pains, but does anyone really want Treon, Appleby, or Del Taco back at this point? I'm just glad to know that we have a starting QB with SEC caliber potential again, something that hasn't been said for a long long time (not including Grier, but that is beating a dead horse at this point).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.